• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom meta data not updating

#1 tipper
Just bought LRT 5 today.

Currently editing a day to night.

I have cropped all my photos to 16:9 in lightroom. Saved meta data and then pressed the reload button in LRT. However, the new crop does not update in the preview window for LRT.

How can I fix this?

In case it is relevant, the photos were already in my Lightroom catalogue prior to working with them in LRT. I did not import them into LRT and then add to Lightroom catelogue as the workflow in the import tutorial video. Instead, I simply selected the relevant folder in LRT. Mentioning this in case it helps solves the problem. It might not be relelvant.
#2 Gunther
Normally, you should follow the workflow, to get consistent results. The way you did it might work, but not necessarily.
While on the standard previews in LRT (before switching to visual previews) any crop will only show as rectangle in the preview. If you can't see it, something went wrong. I'd recommend to remove the sequence from Lightroom, and start over in LRTimelapse with "Metadata/Initialize". Then do the workflow as shown in the tutorials or explained in the written instructions here: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tipper
OK thanks.

To be clear though, at what point do I crop my photos from 3:2 to 16:9?

In the work flow it talks about editing the keyframe photos but not about mass edits to all files.

Do I:

1.) Do the crop before the photos even touch LRT?
2.) After I import into LRT?
3.) During the key framing process?
4.) At some other point?
#4 Gunther
If you want to crop the photos in Lightroom, you should do it when editing the keyframes. The crop will get populated to all intermediary frames when applying the auto transitions (as any other edit).

Another option is, to leave the photos in 3:2 and do the crop when rendering the video. In the LRT5 render dialog, you can choose "force 16:9" this will do the crop and you can even move the crop up/down there. This gives you more freedom to still chose the crop position when rendering.

The 3rd option would be to render the video in 3:2 and do the cropping later when assembling the timelapse clips to a video in the video editing software. This gives you the maximum flexibility.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 tipper
Thank you. This is very helpful. I've heard great things about the support you provide. Pleased to see it's all true Smile

...also check out: