• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long Term Sliders

#1 Graphections
Can someone please explain the Long Term Filter SLiders to me?
I seem to doing a lot of guessing with them as I'm trying to remove night time shots from a series of 3 month timelapses.
Screen shots of your sliders would be awesome as well.
Id like to be able to get one of mine to work and use that screen shot as a guide for the remaining of the series - 6 years of 3 month time-lapses in total.

If I new which way to drag to get rid of dark shots it would be a great help.

There are 15,000 shots in total - per 3 month stretch 1 shot every 5 minutes 24/7.
The number of images at the bottom right 1234/15,000 << is the number on the left (1234) the number of shots that are being removed OR kept of the total (15,000)?

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Did you already read the instructions on the instructions page? Check the tab “long term workflow“ on http://LRTimelapse.com/workflow

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Graphections
Hi yes I did, the difference between hi and low and the relationship between sliders is a bit vague.
What would you say is the best position of them to remove night time shots only?
#4 Gunther
There is no absolute positions that I can tell you, it really depends on your sequence. Normally as you drag the "low" slider from one parameter to the right, the "high" slider will automatically come to the left. This will narrow the bandwdith in which the remaining images will be, eliminating the peaks.
If you unlink the sliders for Luminance (by removing the tick on the infinity sign) and only drag the "low" slider to the right, you will eliminate dark images only. Observe the blue curve, the more you drag the "low" slider to the right, the more "dark" peaks will be eliminated.
Basically this is the idea. It works similar with contrast an hue. But if you only want to eliminate dark images, the luminance filter is the one to go for.
#5 Graphections
Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread a few minutes ago, so here it is in the correct thread>

I am getting better with the sliders - moving the Luminance slider does get rid of some of the darker images but not all of them.
It is the Orange Hue that you get when city lights come on that make up ALL of my night time images, these are the only ones I want to remove.
Do you have any suggestions for this? I need help "frustrated" here.

Thanks
#6 Gunther
If the hue filter detects those images, you can use it for that. Just check how the curve of the hue slider (the pink one) looks. It should have peaks where the images get orange. Now you can apply a the hue filter exactly as the other one. If you unlink the both sides of the filter, and drag only from the "orange side", you can just remove those images.
#7 Graphections
Is there not a way to simply remove shots with a range of shutter speeds i.e. longer ones for night shots?
#8 Gunther
Currently not. But of course you could find them in the table and delete them manually.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk
#9 Graphections
I agree although over the duration of 6 year timelapse, this is a lot of manual work.
Do you think you might be making a tutorial for long term workflow that uses a sequence that includes night time shots soon?
The one you have, only has day time shots.
#10 Gunther
If you have a sequence that I could use, feel free to send it. Please use Dropbox or WeTransfer to support(at)LRTimelapse(dot)com

Mobile via Tapatalk.

...also check out: