• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 chrissearle
New to LRT - and not entirely sure I'm following basic LR workflow correctly. Need a little help.

LRT 1.9.4, exiftool in /usr/bin is version 8.97, LR is 4.1

Files are in dng.

Started in LRT - chose the folder, the preview played fine - so hit the save XMP data button.

Into LR - load metadata from files (with all files selected).

Then - on the first image - did some cleanup - spot removal, exposure, clarity, saturation.

Applied these changes to all 534 images. Everything got an updated preview in LR.

Mark image 1 and 534 as 1 star (first and last)

Select all - save metadata to file

Back to LRT - reload.

I don't see any update here in the thumbnail window - should I?

Hit the transitions (auto) button - and then the save button.

Back to LR - load metadata from file.

At this point all edits (spot removal, clarity etc) are removed.

I'm sure I'm missing something in http://lrtimelapse.com/#tabs-8-0-4 but I can't see what - any hints welcome Smile
#2 Gunther
(2012-07-10, 10:37)chrissearle Wrote: New to LRT - and not entirely sure I'm following basic LR workflow correctly. Need a little help.

LRT 1.9.4, exiftool in /usr/bin is version 8.97, LR is 4.1

Files are in dng.

Started in LRT - chose the folder, the preview played fine - so hit the save XMP data button.
I miss the step where you initialize your metadata in LRTimelapse, I can't stress this enough! This should be the first step!
Quote:Into LR - load metadata from files (with all files selected).

Then - on the first image - did some cleanup - spot removal, exposure, clarity, saturation.

Applied these changes to all 534 images. Everything got an updated preview in LR.

Mark image 1 and 534 as 1 star (first and last)

Select all - save metadata to file

Back to LRT - reload.

I don't see any update here in the thumbnail window - should I?
no, the previews are not updated, but you see the curves in the preview and the values change in the table.
Quote:Hit the transitions (auto) button - and then the save button.

Back to LR - load metadata from file.

At this point all edits (spot removal, clarity etc) are removed.

I'm sure I'm missing something in http://lrtimelapse.com/#tabs-8-0-4 but I can't see what - any hints welcome Smile
Other than the things I pointed out in my comments you did everything right!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chrissearle
(2012-07-10, 10:46)gwegner Wrote: I miss the step where you initialize your metadata in LRTimelapse, I can't stress this enough! This should be the first step!

I seem to remember that it asked me the first time I opened the folder whether or not to auto-initialize. I said yes. But I've been playing with this folder a while now.

Any way I can see if it's initialized? I took a quick look thru the exiftool output on the dng files - can't see anything obvious.
#4 chrissearle
Hmm - an oddity

If I do exactly the same - with one difference - check the deflicker checkbox (not make any changes to the default settings) - then when I reimport metadata I do not lose my edits.
#5 Gunther
The thing is, if you don't initialize you will have missing values. If you turn on deflicker, it will update all Exposures - maybe that's the reason.

You can see if everything is initialized correctly, if the Exposure Column doesn't have "gaps" and is instead filled with default values.
This applies to the other parameters as well. When you unselect "Hide unchanged Properties" - the table should be filled with default values without gaps.
#6 chrissearle
OK - checked that. No gaps.

But I started again. This time after watching the youtube tut instead of just reading.

So far its looking better - I edit the two keyframes in LR - then after a trip out to LRT and back I see the aspect ratio of all the images change - so that's promising.

I did do one extra step - I need to do a sensor clean - but for now I'm doing spot removal in LR. I did that on keyframe 1 (first image) and then applied to all images.

But I can't seem to keep this spot removal on reload of metadata after doing the auto transition - it only stays present on image 1. For now I just reapplied it from image 1 via sync settings just prior to heading to slideshow (just the spot's - nothing else).

Am having one other issue - can't play the mp4 file at the end.

It takes a fairly long time to export - and you can see it mention all the filenames if you hover over the progress bar.

$ file clouds.mp4
clouds.mp4: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, version 2

But quicktime is saying that it can't play it and VLC is showing 0 duration, in the mac finder it's showing both duration and dimension as empty.

This is 0720p @30fps LRTimelapse (HD) video preset - 534 frames and the file clocks in at 32Mb
#7 Gunther
(2012-07-10, 13:00)chrissearle Wrote: I did do one extra step - I need to do a sensor clean - but for now I'm doing spot removal in LR. I did that on keyframe 1 (first image) and then applied to all images.

But I can't seem to keep this spot removal on reload of metadata after doing the auto transition - it only stays present on image 1. For now I just reapplied it from image 1 via sync settings just prior to heading to slideshow (just the spot's - nothing else).
Cloning is not being keyframed by LRTimelapse, you will have to sync it in Lightroom to all images.

Quote:Am having one other issue - can't play the mp4 file at the end.
It takes a fairly long time to export - and you can see it mention all the filenames if you hover over the progress bar.
Normally VLC plays those files without problem. Maybe you should try exporting it again?
#8 chrissearle
(2012-07-10, 13:35)gwegner Wrote: Cloning is not being keyframed by LRTimelapse, you will have to sync it in Lightroom to all images.

OK - that's cool.

(2012-07-10, 13:35)gwegner Wrote: Normally VLC plays those files without problem. Maybe you should try exporting it again?

Yes - VLC was kind of the acid test.

I had tried several of the LRT templates.

However - I just tried the original export but first 10 frames only. That played fine.

Redoing it in steps now 10, 50, 100 etc - see if it falls over at any point.
#9 chrissearle
(2012-07-10, 13:56)chrissearle Wrote: However - I just tried the original export but first 10 frames only. That played fine.

Redoing it in steps now 10, 50, 100 etc - see if it falls over at any point.

And that for some reason worked. Oh well Smile
#10 Gunther
Good to hear that! Unfortunately Lightroom is not rock-stable if it comes to exporting video!

...also check out: