• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lot of flicker in holy grail sunset and use time-lapse plus

#1 yvesjongen
Hello there,

This is my first post here on this forum. Yesterday i've shot a holy grail day to night sunset with my canon 6d and Timelapse plus bulb ramper.

When i follow the holy grale method in post processing in LR Timelapse i've get a lot of flicker in my time-lapse. But because my time-lapse plus bulb ramper have used a lot of different exposures for example 1/10 - 1/5 - 1/10 1/10 1/10 1/5 1/10 1/10 and further there's a lot of flicker. When i want to deflicker the sequence with the deflicker workflow it takes more than 70 keyframes that need to be deflickerd.

What's the best and fastest method to do this ? And is it possible to do a holy grail and deflicker together ?

I hope to hear from you guys ! Thanks a lot for helping
#2 Gunther
The Holy Grail Workflow is meant for sequences that you shoot using the Holy Grail method - with discrete adjustments to the shutterspeed/iso.
If you use some ramping device, this will probably not work - so I'd use the deflicker workflow and make sure, that only normal keyframes (blue ones, not orange ones) are being created. Just use "Keyframes - Create Keyframes (even spaced)" for this. The save, load Metadata into Lightroom and render again.

Next time you should condsider shooting using the Holy Grail method, see my tutorial in the tutorials sections. In the faq you can find an article, why using a Bulb ramping device mostly might not be the best choice.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-is-a...ime-lapses
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bob harris
Hello,
there is a good deflicker plugin for after effects. http://www.digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/main.html
this should help you to solve your problem.

next time use the holygrail setup as gunther mentioned.
bulb ramping is tricky sometimes. I use qdslr dashboard. Thats an app for
android, ios, mac and pc. this in combination with lr Timelapse and lightroom is
the best way to shoot time lapses. qdslr dashboard got an auto holy grail mode and works perfect with lr time-lapse. and for most platforms it's for free.

cheers
#4 steinardo
Hi there. I'm still a bit new to Timelapse+, but there appears that there is a way around this problem. If you enable Extended Bramp Mode (Settings -> Time-lapse -> Ext Bramp), this allows you to run in manual mode with shorter shutter times than bulp ramping allows (down to 1/400 s it seems). Once the shutter times have increased to around 1/20 s you will be prompted to turn to bulb mode (at least on my old EOS 40D), but if you ignore this, then it will continue to change the shutter in discrete steps and hence should work fine in LRTimelapse.

...also check out: