• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR graduated filters not being processed

#1 weedonk
Seems all of my edits other than my graduated filters are being processed when I read metadata after second step on LRT... not so much of a problem on static timelapses because I can just sync all photos to main photo's graduated filter changes... On holy grail tl's I change the graduated filters as the sky's darkness changes and the changes are not expressed between keyframes in final LR step. Please Help!!! Im sure I do all the workflow processes right but when I have all my photos on grid, select all, then read metadata, the photos show all changed but graduated filters... thanks!!
#2 Gunther
You have to use the two graduated filters that LRTimelapse creates when initializing the sequence. You will see two "dots" when you hit "M" on any image you initialized with LRTimelapse after reading the metadata into LR. Those two grad-filters will get animated!

Be careful if you use any Presets! They might destroy those initializations.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 weedonk
Thanks!!!.. so if I need more than two graduated I won't be able to?? not too bad, helps a lot! even on LR 4.4 new graduated filter controls??
#4 weedonk
I think the only pre set I used was the "camera calibration" which I chose landscape. The new black and white clipping are also not changing and don't seem to be options in the LRT board. Any chance you'll update to fix these problems for LR 4.4??? I've got some amazing Rio de Janeiro time lapses but cannot get the holy grail ones right to save my life..
#5 alexnail
If you need to animate more than 2 graduated filters then I would say you are doing something wrong in terms of your approach! Personally I think that adding more filters would only serve to clutter the program.

You can add additional filters, but you wont be able to animate them.
#6 weedonk
(2013-06-06, 17:40)alexnail Wrote: If you need to animate more than 2 graduated filters then I would say you are doing something wrong in terms of your approach! Personally I think that adding more filters would only serve to clutter the program.

You can add additional filters, but you wont be able to animate them.

I can dig it, however that is not my main concern now. It seems like the black and white clipping is not transferring either. I used the software with no issues for so long now i can't seem to get it to express the new types of changes i make in this new LR 4.4..
#7 Gunther
There is no changes, I can confirm everything works with LRT 2.3.1 / LR4.4. Please just start over with that sequence by initializing and avoid using any presets.
#8 weedonk
thanks for the responses... I've done it a few times, even tried to find black and white clipping (new controls to LR 4.4) and they aren't translated. A question.. I've been clicking the "2012 (current)" settings under "camera calibration", this changes the sliders above i.e. white and black clipping as well as a whole new set of sliders for graduated filters including temperature and various others.. Is this something you would consider a pre-set? I thought they were just the new list of features for lightroom which in my opinion help edit photos tremendously.

My new technique of editing requires turning the highlights all the way down and the shadows all the way up, but these are not the highlights and shadows in the tone curve, they are the new ones at the top under exposure. I then uses white and black clipping which are just under the new highlights and shadows.. I don't even touch the tone curve anymore. None of these new setting seems to be translated on LRT 2.3.1.. Ive tried it several times, even just changing individual settings. those settings don't show up in the LRT interface either, because I tried to put them in manually. Ive included screenshots to show you what Im talking about....

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#9 weedonk
(2013-06-07, 03:14)weedonk Wrote: thanks for the responses... I've done it a few times, even tried to find black and white clipping (new controls to LR 4.4) and they aren't translated. A question.. I've been clicking the "2012 (current)" settings under "camera calibration", this changes the sliders above i.e. white and black clipping as well as a whole new set of sliders for graduated filters including temperature and various others.. Is this something you would consider a pre-set? I thought they were just the new list of features for lightroom which in my opinion help edit photos tremendously.

My new technique of editing requires turning the highlights all the way down and the shadows all the way up, but these are not the highlights and shadows in the tone curve, they are the new ones at the top under exposure. I then uses white and black clipping which are just under the new highlights and shadows.. I don't even touch the tone curve anymore. None of these new setting seems to be translated on LRT 2.3.1.. Ive tried it several times, even just changing individual settings. those settings don't show up in the LRT interface either, because I tried to put them in manually. Ive included screenshots to show you what Im talking about....

few too many attachments but wanted to show A. the highlights and shadows (other than the tone curve highlights and shadows) which are much more helpful. B. the white and black clipping C. the Camera calibration (2012 current) setting which brings up the new sliders. D. the new controls on the graduated filter which dont seem to be picked up either. All 4 of these tools have been revolutionary for my photo editing yet none of them seem to work with LRT.. Im pretty savvy with the way the software works.. this just isnt happening.
#10 Gunther
What exactly do you mean with Black and White clipping? I only know the Blacks and Whites - but they are not new in 4.4, they in fact exist since LR4.0 - maybe this is just a misunderstanding. I don't know that Adobe added anything in 4.4 - and I didn't add any parameters specially for 4.4 either.

...also check out: