• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[LR] "Read metadata from file" progress bar

#1 Bjr49000
Hi and thanks to the developer for this software !
When i'm clicking on "read metadata from file" before the export process, I would like to know if there is any way to have a progress bar.
I'm not sure whether or not the one that appear indicate that all the images have been edited with the settings or if I have to manually and imprecisely check the thumbnail to see if that process is done.
Thanks in advance for the help.
#2 Gunther
I assume you are talking about Lightroom. As long as you see "Read metadata from File(!)" in the menu, this will happen for one file only. that's why you don't get a progress bar.
You need to go to grid vie (G), select all images and then do "Read Metadata from FILES" in the menu, to do it for the whole sequence, then you'll also get a progress bar.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bjr49000
Hi, yes i'm using CTRL A from Librairy and then "Read Metadata from FILES", I forgot the "S", however the progress bar go from 0 to hundred percent in less than 10 second with 200 photos and a slow laptop (i3, Nvidia GeForce 920M). So you tell me that when the progress bar is complete i don't need to wait and check that the thumbnail get the new adjustement. If that's the case I can directly export, once the progress bar is complete, with the LRTimelapse export dialog ?
Thanks in advance.
#4 hov1s
I always have to check the thumbnails, otherwise, even though the progress bar goes to 100%, only the pics/thumbnails showing on the screen get the adjustments. I continually have to scroll down and watch to ensure each thumbnail takes the adjustment before moving on to export. (also on a crappy laptop). Hope this helps.
#5 Gunther
No, it doesn't matter at all what the thumbnails show. Just ignore them. As soon as you finished the read metadat process go ahead with the workflow. The edits will be applied.
Lightroom is very sloppy in updating the thumbnails.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Bjr49000
Thanks for this confirmation ! I think some users didn't get it and I didn't find information about it on internet. Hope it helps others persons.

...also check out: