• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR Time Lapse turning things green?

#1 abmagfab
I'm on the newest version. I've done a few before with no problems.

This time I'm processing my images with some HDR presets. However once I go through the second half of the workflow in LRT3, and reload the settings in LR5, half my images are very green. Like, almost completely green.

I can work around it by reapplying the preset, but this doesn't work if I want to deflicker, and it undoes all the LRT3 settings from the second part of the workflow.

It looks like, at a minimum, LRT is screwing up the Color Temp and Tint, but it's a lot more than that as I just reapplied those two settings in LR5, but my images still weren't right.

Any advice?
#2 Gunther
Hi, what do you mean with "processing with HDR presets"? - so you are following the workflow - initializing, saving. Then editing keyframes in Lightroom - are you now applying 3rd party presets? I don't recommend doing this. This will remove the initialization of LRTimelapse and probably result to weird results afterwards.
Plese see this faq-post:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

Using that kind of heavy editing might as well lead to flicker and other weird effects. I suggest you edit your sequences the classic way following my workflows.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rabihh
(2013-12-23, 13:17)gwegner Wrote: Hi, what do you mean with "processing with HDR presets"? - so you are following the workflow - initializing, saving. Then editing keyframes in Lightroom - are you now applying 3rd party presets? I don't recommend doing this. This will remove the initialization of LRTimelapse and probably result to weird results afterwards.
Plese see this faq-post:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

Using that kind of heavy editing might as well lead to flicker and other weird effects. I suggest you edit your sequences the classic way following my workflows.

I am having the same issue - after upgrading to latest version.

After following your exact visual workflow to raw images that have never been edited in LR CC - Edit Key Frames>Saving after Auto transition Changes the white balance to a few picture to full green tint. No use of any presets

I cant get rid of it.. and makes the use of LRTimelapse not reasonable if i am to go fix every photo in LR
#4 Gunther
Please check the white balance columns in the LRTimelapse table. Do you see any strange values, where the green tint appears? LRTimelapse normally only interpolates curves between the keyframes. Check the curves too in by selecting the white balance parameters on the top right of the preview (drop down). Send some screenshots, if you can't figure out what's happening.
Photo
#5 Rizwan
(2017-06-26, 12:19)gwegner Wrote: Please check the white balance columns in the LRTimelapse table. Do you see any strange values, where the green tint appears? LRTimelapse normally only interpolates curves between the keyframes. Check the curves too in by selecting the white balance parameters on the top right of the preview (drop down). Send some screenshots, if you can't figure out what's happening.
Hi,
I'm having kind of the same problem. These images are after one another. See how one image has a green tint shift to it. This is random for quite a few images. When looking at the metadata for all the images they all stay the same in tint and WB values. This obviously results in an unwanted flicker.
How do I make this work?
Regards
Rizwan
#6 Gunther
Can you show us a screenshot or short screencast?
#7 Rizwan
(2017-07-31, 00:21)gwegner Wrote: Can you show us a screenshot or short screencast?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 Gunther
So what exactly am I seeing there? Are those two adjacent images with the same edits showing different color rendition? If so, this is being introduced by Lightroom. You should check your editing, some Lightroom tools are sensitive to the image contents and might behave like this. Check out this post for more information: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/use-the-new...me-lapses/
#9 Rizwan
(2017-07-31, 10:25)gwegner Wrote: So what exactly am I seeing there? Are those two adjacent images with the same edits showing different color rendition? If so, this is being introduced by Lightroom. You should check your editing, some Lightroom tools are sensitive to the image contents and might behave like this. Check out this post for more information: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/use-the-new...me-lapses/

Ok, thanks for your reply. 
Yes there is a slight shift in the right one towards green which gives colorflicker.
I didn't use DehazeI but 'm not sure what the settings in Black/White/Clarity are.Let me check my settings in LR and I'll get back to you with my findings.
#10 Gunther
I'd recommend to reset the develop settings for both images, then compare. Now start adding the developing setting by setting again, after each setting synchronize to the next image and see which setting causes this issue. As I said, this is entirely a Lightroom thing, has nothing to do with LRTimelapse.

...also check out: