• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR4 linear parameter question

#1 yostopia
Hi there...

In reading through your eBook you mention that it's not a good idea to set keyframes using the nonlinear parameters in LR3 (Recovery, Black and Fill Light). Can you please let me know which of the LR4 parameters (2012 process) are nonlinear so we can avoid those as well?

And... when editing Tone Curve parameters with the 2012 process can we use both the Channel and Region methods (or just Region)?

Finally... do we need to let LR render its own previews or does LRT2 just use the small embedded preview in the raw/nef file to build its deflicker array? I've been cancelling out of the LR preview generation process just to save a little time and disk space.

Thanks!

-g
#2 Gunther
Hi,
(2012-08-08, 02:43)yostopia Wrote: In reading through your eBook you mention that it's not a good idea to set keyframes using the nonlinear parameters in LR3 (Recovery, Black and Fill Light). Can you please let me know which of the LR4 parameters (2012 process) are nonlinear so we can avoid those as well?
LR4 behaves much better. So you can basically use alle parameters if you don't overdo them.

Quote:And... when editing Tone Curve parameters with the 2012 process can we use both the Channel and Region methods (or just Region)?
Only the parametric tonecurve is supported.

Quote:Finally... do we need to let LR render its own previews or does LRT2 just use the small embedded preview in the raw/nef file to build its deflicker array? I've been cancelling out of the LR preview generation process just to save a little time and disk space.
LRTimelapse doesn't need the Lightroom previews, it generates its own ones using the embedded previews of the RAW files.

All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 yostopia
Fabulous. Those are all the answers that I'd hoped for.

Just got my bulb ramping kit from Promote and will start playing with that to see what's possible. Could be interesting...

Thanks,

-g
#4 ridindave
Might a very late answer, but I've just recently upgraded to LR4.
From my point of view, everything in 2012 process is highly nonlinear and based on automatic masking, as were fill light and recovery in 2010 process.
For obvious reason, I immediately switched back to 2010 process, avoiding any use of fill light and recovery, as I did before.

I'd love to get a feedback from people processing with 2012...
#5 Gunther
My experience is the contrary, I love using the 2012 process for Timelapse!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: