• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR4 settings don't stay

#1 pcalvin
I have selected the LR4 setting in LRTimelapse, clicked on OK, but after I restart the application, it always reverts to LR3. Have I missed a step, or is there a problem here. Is there a preference I should trash? I am using a Mac, OS 10.7.3 and the final reklease version of Lightroom 4.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
You can see if you are on the LR4 process in LRT when you look at the Exposure column. It should read Exposure 2012.

Can you affirm that after changing the setting to LR4 and restarting the Exposure column still is named "Exposure" and not "Exposure 2012"?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pcalvin
(2012-03-13, 17:05)gwegner Wrote: You can see if you are on the LR4 process in LRT when you look at the Exposure column. It should read Exposure 2012.

Can you affirm that after changing the setting to LR4 and restarting the Exposure column still is named "Exposure" and not "Exposure 2012"?

Thank you for the quick reply. I have followed these instructions, and I did purchase your ebook. That is where I was made aware of the settings for LR4. However, whenever I select LR4 in the settings panel, click Okay and restart LRTimelapse, the applicartion returns to the LR3 setting and the exposure column does not include the 2012 date, just the word Exposure. I trashed the application and downloaded a new copy, but got the same result. It is still marked as a Beta verison in the menu bar.

Thanks.

Peter
#4 Gunther
It seems like LRTimelapse is not able to write it's configuration settings. That could be a permission issue on the mac. I'm going to test this as soon as possible and see if I can reproduce that and than come back to you.

You could however work in LR3 mode even with Lightroom 4. I would recommend that. Initialize your images in LRTimelapse and pass them over to Lightroom 4 wich would than operate in LR3 Mode. Only make sure not to convert to the new develop Process in LR!

#5 pcalvin
(2012-03-13, 17:52)gwegner Wrote: You could however work in LR3 mode even with Lightroom 4.

Thanks, I will do this for the time being. I'll look forward to your answer on the settings issue when you can get to it.

#6 Gunther
Hi, I had the occasion to test it on a mac today and it works like a charme.
Seems, like probably there is a permission issue so that LRTimelapse is not able to write its configuration.

Please try again with the 1.7.1 available since today and tell me if if works now.
#7 pcalvin
(2012-03-15, 00:21)gwegner Wrote: Hi, I had the occasion to test it on a mac today and it works like a charme.
Seems, like probably there is a permission issue so that LRTimelapse is not able to write its configuration.

Please try again with the 1.7.1 available since today and tell me if if works now.

Thanks for getting back. I just downloaded the 1.7.1 update and repaired permissions on my Mac. I have the same problem as before, the LR4 setting does not appear after restarting LRtimelapse. When I check under setting>process version, it still says LR3.

I am running 10.7.3 on a 2 month old 17" MacBook Pro that has not had issues with any other application, including Final Cut X, Premier Pro, Aperture, LR4, etc.

Thanks for the help.
#8 Gunther
This is really weird!
You could do the following:
Launch the mac console, and type LRTimelapse into the filter. Now click on "Clear Display" and launch LRTimelapse.

You should get an output like this:
Code:
3/14/12 2:57:46.490 PM [0x0-0xc50c5].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp: [2012-03-14 14:57:46] Loading properties from /Users/gwegner/Library/Application Support/LRTimelapse/user.props
and after closing LRTimelapse
Code:
3/14/12 2:57:52.134 PM [0x0-0xc50c5].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp: [2012-03-14 14:57:52] Saved properties to /Users/gwegner/Library/Application Support/LRTimelapse/user.props

This shows you the location where LRTimelapse wants to read/write its configuration. Please make sure that location is writable. If nothing else helps you can edit the user.props file manually (should it exist) and insert the setting
Code:
LR4Process=true
#9 pcalvin
Here is part of what I see in the console:

3/14/12 5:17:38.685 PM [0x0-0x36036].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp: Creating log-file at /Users/peter_calvin/Library/Application Support/LRTimelapse/LRTimelapse.log
3/14/12 5:17:38.795 PM [0x0-0x36036].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp: [2012-03-14 17:17:38] Loading properties from /Users/peter_calvin/Library/Application Support/LRTimelapse/user.props
3/14/12 5:17:38.795 PM [0x0-0x36036].lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp: [2012-03-14 17:17:38] Properties-file not found.

I can't find user.props file, so I guess that is why I can't save the setting.

#10 pcalvin
Just for the record, there is a LRtimelapse folder in the Applications Support folder with a subs folder (empty) and a log file.

...also check out: