• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT 2,0 - Workflow HDR

#1 pacophoto
Hi can you explain simply steps to treat a HDR sequence with LRT 2.0, using the HDR function of sw?
Thanks
#2 Gunther
Here is a thread about this topic. I even made a short screencast. That was with an older version, but you should get the point.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-hdr-...592#pid592

I'm planning to make a new tutorial but until then I thing the information should get you up and running.

BTW: Personally I don't see big sense in making HDR Timelapses. In 99% of the situation a RAW-Workflow with LRT should give you same or even better but in any case much faster results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Lapsefinger
(2012-07-29, 10:50)gwegner Wrote: BTW: Personally I don't see big sense in making HDR Timelapses. In 99% of the situation a RAW-Workflow with LRT should give you same or even better but in any case much faster results.

I second that. I love HDR photos, but it doesn't look very realistic. I prefer realistic colours in my timelapses – allthough tweaked and edited – to a wachy HDR effect. Besides, it's more time consuming and takes up more hard disk space.
#4 screamer
personally i disagree. sometime hdr can be very natural, and somtimes you need that dynamic range to cover underexposed or overexposed areas.
I've buyed today this great software, and i'm immediately trying it with some hdr timelapses. the workflow for timelapses is clear (but i think is probably the only thing that can be more user friendly and i will explain how later). I'm trying to batchprocess the same timelapse in various softwares (photomatix, enfuse, snshdr) using lrtimelapse before and after tonemapping for a more resolute deflickering (as suggested in this interesting post of gwegner)
We will see the results.
i'm also exporting a middle shot only timelapse, so without hdr tonemapping. But i've already noticed that dosen't matte how extreme i put down the lights and up the shadows, i have some overexposed and some underexposed areas. i will post the results of my experiments when ready
cheers Wink
#5 Lapsefinger
Okay, to each his own, I suppose. I'm getting a bit bored with the HDR effect. I have made mostly successful HDR timelapses, and very few have been absolute rubbish, but one or two fall into that category...

However, you just gave me an idea. If Photomatix reads XMP data, this may turn into a eureka moment for me. Initializing the files in LRTimelapse before you set Photomatix to work may be a good idea... Big Grin

...also check out: