• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT Cleared my desktop

#1 max.goodman
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue... (Mac M1 user)

I set the export location to my desktop, then the video did not render (dng converter icons in my dock froze).

I then noticed my desktop had been cleared, and I cant find the folders anywhere, luckily there was nothing too important.

I force quit LRT after a few minutes. No change.

Then Restarted my computer but still no change.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Max.
#2 Gunther
Hi Max,

usually LRTimelapse will automatically create subfolders in the export location and only touch those (and clear them, before an export).
In every tutorial and the instructions I stress to use a separate folder as output locations. Something like /Videos/Timelapse-Done or similar. Inside that folder LRT will then create subfolders and manage them (which includes deleting the contents when overwriting).

But some how users seem to ignore my advices and have managed to change the output location of the intermediary sequence to point to folders they still need and then wonder that those got cleared.

That's why I've added security features in one of the last updates to prevent users from messing with the filename and output location to prevent such rare cases of operation errors.

Could you please tell me which version of LRTimelapse you are using? If you are not using the latest, please update:
https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
Also let me know, if you used the internal export (Export and Render Current Sequence) or the Render of a preexisting intermediary sequence that had been exported before (via Lightroom).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: