• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT Crashes after booting about 30s

#1 CriSLyx
My LRT get something wrong :
my PC:
CPU: AMD 5900X 12C24T
RAM:128G
when I open LRT, Even if there is no operation the program run 48 exiftool in background.
and wait for about 30-40s,the exiftool background process reaches 68, LRT Program crashed.
After the program crashes, there will be a lot of exiftool processes left in the background. If I want to reopen LRT, I need to manually close all exiftool processes.
I also replaced the exiftool.exe to version 12.70, but the problem still exists.
I checked the log files but didn't get any useful information
I've also tried other versions of the program, including 6.5.3beta6, 6.5.3,6.5.2,6.3.0,this problem still exists.
I recalled that the first time this problem occurred was when I reinstalled the system to win10. I thought it was a system problem and upgraded to win11, but the problem still existed.
So how do I solve this problem?

Looking forward for your reply, thank you!
Attached Files

.txt   LRTimelapse.txt (Size: 3.89 KB / Downloads: 5)
#2 Gunther
First of all: your version of LRTimelapse is outdated.
Please restart your machine, then upgrade to the latest: https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
Now try again. I can't give support for outdated versions, I hope you understand that.

That LRTimelapse launches 24 Exiftool threads is normal, because your system provides 24 cores.
But of course, the number shouldn't be increasing and LRT shouldn't be crashing.

Most likely ExifTool is not running correctly on your machine.

Please try the approach explained in this faq article:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-exi...elapse-log

After that try launching LRTimelapse again and the problem should be gone.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CriSLyx
After I upgraded to LRTimelapse 6.5.3 (2023-11-17) Build 891, this problem still exists.
but I found that as long as I remove the spaces in the name of the LRTimelapse6 installation folder, this problem will not occur Occasionally。
I have dealt with the exiftool exception once, but the problem still has not improved.
#4 Gunther
Did you follow the procedure from https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-exi...elapse-log
What output do you get after you do this in the terminal?
Renaming the LRTimelapse installation folder is definitely not a good idea and might cause other issues.
Please provide more information. This is definitely not a problem that other users report. It seems to be something on your specific system.
#5 CriSLyx
I tried a variety of solutions but gave up, and after reinstalling the new windows, the problem was solved, probably the problem with the lite version of the system I was using before。Thanks a lot!
#6 Gunther
Glad you solved it. I was expecting it being something like that.

...also check out: