• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT doesn't start on Win10

#1 digia
Hi,

I'd like to use, and even buy LRTimelapse for my work. I tried LRT 4.7.4 on my Lenovo W540 notebook, but it will not run.
The system configuration is Intel i7 CPU running on 2.9 GHz. 16 GB RAM is installed and Windows 10 Pro in 64 Bit is installed.
All OS uptates are installed, incl. the Anniversary update for Windows 10. Java 8 Update 121 is installed.
So from my point of view, a correct setup to run LRT. When I click on the icon to start LRT, there is a small flicker and then -nothing- :-((.

What's going wrong ?

Best regards
Gottfried
#2 Gunther
Hi Gottfried, I would bet that you have a 32 bit Java installed. Please uninstall everything related to java via the control panel and then install the 64bit offline Java from the link provided here: http://lrtimelapse.com/install
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Wink
#3 digia
Wette gewonnen !

LRT ist gestartet ;-)).

Jetzt kam noch die Meldung, dass noch der Adobe DNG Converter fehlt. Kann LRT nicht auf Camera Raw CC zurückgreifen?
Ich habe die gesamte Adobe Creative Cloud in der aktuellsten Version, inclusive Camera Raw CC, installiert. 

Nach der Installation zusätzlich noch des Adobe DNG Converter 9.8 hat alles geklappt.

Jetzt kann es losgehen.

Danke für den raschen Support.

Gottfried
#4 Gunther
Super, dass jetzt alles klappt. Adobe CC installiert den DNG Converter leider nicht automatisch mit, daher muss das von Hand erfolgen. Vile Spaß!
Video
#5 BenderChile
LRTimelapse 4.7.5 doesn't start
I unistalled java

Help!

#6 Gunther
Please restart your computer, then try again. Do you get any messages? I cannot see the video that you posted.
#7 sam92
Hello everyone; I'm facing the same issue above. I have already tried everything that you suggested, but nothing changes. I can work with the software just if it runs as administrator. Unfortunately, I cannot run the software as administrator because I don't have right. The strange thing is with previous version (4.7.4) was working fine without any problems. Can you please help me with this? Thank you so much.
#8 Gunther
Please note that as of 4.7.5 LRTimelapse will by default require a 64bit windows. If you are on a 32bit windows, please use the alternate LRTimelapse LRTimelapse (32bit) launcher from the start menu.

I've just tested on a W10 Machine with Standard-User (no admin) and LRTimelapse launches fine. What exactly is your problem? Did the installer run through?

I'd recommend restart the machine then try again. If it doesn't work, open the task manager, check the running processes. If you find "exiftool" running, kill it. Then go to c:\program files\lrtimelapse 4 and double click on "LRTimelapse.cmd". See if this launches the Program. If not, please send me the output of the console window.
#9 sam92
My Windows version is 64bit and the installer is fine. The software is installed without any problem.
This is the logs file:

[[2017-02-24 13:28:58] DEBUG: Launching ExifTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 4\exiftool.exe
[2017-02-24 13:28:58] WARN: ExifTool error: XSLoader.pm did not return a true value at -e line 306.
[2017-02-24 13:28:58] ERROR: SubmitCommand -> Timeout. -> Relaunching Exiftool!!
[2017-02-24 13:28:58]] ERROR: Could not terminate ExifTool

Thanks for all your help.
#10 Gunther
So exiftool is not working on your system. Please see this faq for a possible solution: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/exiftool-wi...-defender/

...also check out: