• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Full system for under $2k?

#1 Novelectro
Hi All,

Ive made the decision to spend some real $ on a motion system and I've set my budget for under $2k.  

My must haves are as follows - slider (doesnt have to be huge), pan, motors, controllers, move - shoot move for TL, video options

Nice to haves - tilt, equatorial mount for astro landscape long exposures, relatively portable because i travel a lot / go hiking, etc.

I dont at all mind buying used gear and ive looked at several systems on the web but tough tonsay which are better or worse.  Looking to buy anytime in the next month or so.

Thanks in advance!
#2 KidsOfAllAges
Rhino EVO & Arc is under 2 k, but limited to two axis. DP Stage Zero Slider with NMX controller & rotary stage should be below 2 K as well and can be extended to three axis if you need to later on. There are more affordable options out there as well (Syrp, Cinetics) but I don't really know anyone who uses them.
I'd recommend DP or Rhino. But I am biased.
kids-of-all-ages.de

Motion Control Rental, Sales & Service
Timelapse Slider, Pan &Tilt, Controller

Offizieller Distributor von
Dynamic Perception, eMotimo, Rhino Camera Gear, TBox Systems
& Berkey System

Wir sind Partner der Teltec AG

#3 Novelectro
Quote:Rhino EVO & Arc is under 2 k, but limited to two axis. DP Stage Zero Slider with NMX controller & rotary stage should be below 2 K as well and can be extended to three axis if you need to later on. There are more affordable options out there as well (Syrp, Cinetics) but I don't really know anyone who uses them.

I'd recommend DP or Rhino. But I am biased.

Thanks, KidsofAllAges for the reply - I really appreciate it and from what I gather from these forums you know your stuff quite well. 

I was on the DP website playing around with options and I think this might be roughly what you're talking about...

I've got the Stage Zero v2 Hardware kit, battery pack, 19:1 digital stepper motor, camera cable, a stage R, 6 ft aluminum rail and a digital NMX controller.  That's for $1090. 

Is that what you're referring to?

If so, a couple of questions...
1. What is limited or not very good about this setup?
2. Does the 6 ft rail break up into smaller pieces?  I could see 6 feet being more than what I would need. 
3. Is the difference between the NMX and NMX Pro controller substantial? 
4. I already have a very small Anker 10,000 mAH battery pack.  Do you suppose I could just use that instead?
5. Does the NMX controller have the capability for MW/star tracking for long exposures? 

Are there other items that I would have to have that I am forgetting? 

It would be great if this were a legitimate setup for this cost since I can save some money.  Like I said I'm quite new to this so I apologize for all my questions.
#4 Novelectro
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamic-Percept...2#shpCntId

^ I also just came across this listing on eBay which looks like a nice bundle.  Just curious if anyone might have some thoughts/concerns on it and what might be a good estimate for fair used value?
#5 chintal
which is the best slider if budget is not an issue ?

...also check out: