• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT intervalometer for Aug 21 solar eclipse

#1 wetcoaster
I'm a newbie and would like some information.

I plan on using two Sony cameras for capturing the eclipse in the US this summer. Unfortunately all the PC  based eclipse apps I could find support only Canon and sometimes Nikon. From what I read the DIY intervalometer should work with my Sony cameras. Is that true?

Also I don't understand the relationship between the intervalometer and qDSLRDashboard. The latter doesn't support Sony mirrorless cameras. Do I need both for the eclipse which has variable exposure requirements at precise times? As I understand it, qDSLR doesn't actually control the camera's shutter activation when working with the intervalometer.

I am making plans to build the intervalometer but if it won't work with my Sony gear, it would be a waste of money and time.

I would appreciate clarification on these matters.
#2 Gunther
The LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free will work with Sony cameras.
And qDslrDashboard will work too with many Sonys, for example the A7 series.
qDslrDashboard could help controlling the camera parameters during the transition, the LRTPTF would help triggering the camera(s) fast and reliably.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wetcoaster
(2017-03-15, 22:11)gwegner Wrote: The LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free will work with Sony cameras.
And qDslrDashboard will work too with many Sonys, for example the A7 series.
qDslrDashboard could help controlling the camera parameters during the transition, the LRTPTF would help triggering the camera(s) fast and reliably.

Thank you for the quick reply and the good news that I can use the intervalometer, and LRTimelapse and qDslrDashboard. I will start acquiring the software and components I need.

...also check out: