Poll: Improve Fonts and Font contrast

yes
66.67%
no
33.33%
Total: 100% 3 vote(s)
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT is a tool better Fonts and text delination.

#1 terry@hnshospitality.com
I have extreme difficulty reading most of your menus.  Great function I think weak UI.  I work on a 4K display but due to "cool" grey on grey in small size font I struggle.  Tools are tools, if it takes me extra time to deal with pretty I am not happy.  I like your color coding.  I think I like your process flow but I can barely see it.  Yes I am a programmer by profession.  Yes I have lots of users all over the world.  Photographs are meant to be interesting, tools well they are to reliably and quickly get a job done.  Sorry about the rant but I need and want to get work done.
#2 Gunther
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Do you know, that you can increase the size of the UI elements with the scale factor in the settings? Please try that and let me know!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ricolson
Hi,

I too am having trouble seeing menu items. I've tried to [font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]increase the size of the UI elements with the scale factor in the settings and it does not save my new scale factor. I can go back to the setting after changing it and it still reads 1.3. Does not work. [/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have a laptop with 3200x1800 resolution. This has been an issue on a some older programs. Version 4 of Lightroom had the same problem. This was fixed in the new version 6 of Lightroom. Microsoft has made available the source to allow software programs to run properly on the new hi-res screens. Screens are only going to increase in resolution and this problem will only become larger if not corrected.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I would love to use your software if I could see it properly.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Looking forward to your response,[/font]
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font]
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Rick [/font]
#4 Gunther
You have to change the setting, then close the dialog (don't open it again) and restart LRTimelapse. This will take over the new setting.
If you reopen the dialog before closing, it will set it to the old setting again, I know this is a bit confusing.
Please let me know!
#5 ricolson
Hi,

Thanks. That did work but it is still very small.
1.3 to 2.0. is not much better and the font colors you have chosen are extremely hard to read.

Thank you for your concern and prompt reply,
Rick
#6 Gunther
Could you please send a screenshot of your UI with the setting 2.0 - and please mark which fonts are hard to read, I've never heard a complain like that from any user. Maybe something is wrong there.
#7 ricolson
Hi,

Here is screen capture of LRT and a screen capture of Lightroom on my Laptop.

As you can see many of the items are very small (even at 2.0) and the text colors 
are not much different from the background colors.

In Lightroom the text is much larger and has better contrast with the background.

Thanks for your help,
Rick
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 Gunther
The buttons in your screenshot are all deactivated, therefore dim. Once you load a sequence, they get activated. I've not had many people that are actually working with the software complaining about the usability yet. Please just give it a try - there is not much to do in LRTimelapse apart from clicking the buttons from left to right. I'm sure you will manage to do so.
Check out my tutorials: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial

...also check out: