• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT Preview doesnt include Lense Correction settings

#1 Christoph S
Hi Gunther,

I noticed that when i use lense correction in Lightroom (5.7) and than go back to LRT 4, do the auto transition and than render a preview, the preview ignores the lense correction settings.
It renders everything else correctly and also shows a coloum for transitioned lense correction values, it just doesn't include them in the preview.

When i later do a proper render in light room, the values are applied correctly.

So it's just in the preview.

Hope i explained the issue properly.
Did you notice that as well? Is it only me doing something wrong or is it a bug in LRT.

Thanks,
Christoph
#2 Gunther
Please check, if you have the latest version of DngConverter installed. If the DngConverter does not support the lens profile, it won't show it in the preview.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Christoph S
DngConverter is version 9.0 which came out 2 month ago or so. The lenses i was using are all supported, i checked with Adobe.

Also, in lightroom the lense profile is available, so i don´t think its an issue woth the dngconverter, right?
I checked with sony a6000 and 16-50mm 3.5-5.6 OSS lense and also with nikon d800 and Nikon AF-S VR 16-35mm 4.0G ED lense.
Both work in lightroom but not in LRT preview.

Did you check with some of your lenses? Maybe i am still missing something.

Hope you have a solution for that problem.
Thanks,
Christoph

PS: I use LRT4 on Win7 with Lightroom 5.7 and DNGConverter 9.0
In the attached screenshot you can see the transitioned values of the lense correction.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
I cannot reproduce that. If the DNG Converter is the latest version it will develop the XMP files exactly like Lightroom. If the visual previews get created, they should look exactly like in lightroom.

Apeart from that I would not recommend to keyframe those lens distorion and lens vignetting settings, because the change the look only in discrete steps, mostly that looks weird in a video. Not a problem of LRTimelapse, just the way Lightroom/ACR apply those settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Christoph S
Hi,

Problem is solved.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Lightroom, LRT and DNG Converter and now it is working properly.

I have no clue what is different now, but it is working anyway.

Sorry for causing you troubles.

Thanks for you help!
Christoph

...also check out: