• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Win 7 32 bit LRT 4 demo not working

#1 julianj
Hi

I tried to install the demo:  I have win 7 32 bit and Lightroom 4.0  OK that's all a bit old but works for me.

I downloaded and installed the demo.  The path to the LR presets seemed correct.

I get this error message:

An error occurred when starting the application

The version of %1 is not compatible with the version of windows you are using.  check whether you are using a 32 bit or 63 bit version of windows then contact the publisher.

regards

Julian
#2 Gunther
In the start menu you will find an alternative launcher for 32bit systems.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 julianj
Thanks!
#4 julianj
Regrettably it still doesn't work. I tried "Run as adminstrator" and also windows compatibility settings but it won't launch. I'm clicking on win 32 in the start menu.
#5 Gunther
Do you have java installed?

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#6 julianj
Thanks. I'm not a techie person: it says Java 8 version 25. I'm sure this means something to someone....:-)
#7 Gunther
I'd suggest you uninstall everything related to java via control panel and then download and install the latest from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/j...33155.html
Choose Windows (x86) offline
Then try again.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Smile
#8 julianj
Well, well, well.  There's no accounting for the irrationality of computers!

After removing all Java and reinstalling the latest version,  I couldn't get LRT4 to launch.  I did get the additional bonus of ADChoices Malware, which presumably was lurking somewhere and couldn't use my old version of Java. (sigh)

After several attempts, I tried to install LRT4 on the same drive as LIghtroom (which is not on my C drive, for a variety of reasons).

It didn't install there - but it does work!  Maybe it was that extra cup of coffee I had this morning :-)

...also check out: