• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT skipping some frames when rendering final movie (but not skipping the jpegs)

#1 chasg
Got a strange problem: a sequence I've rendered has skipping frames in the final movie, no matter how I try to solve the problem.

There are 452 raws (edited as usual) which produce 452 jpegs in the intermediary "LRT_" folder, but the final movie (both the 1080 and 4K renders) skips one big block of about 60 frames, right in the middle of the movie. I've used both the LRTExport plugin to render the intermediary jpegs, and rendered the intermediary jpegs manually (with the correct LRT naming scheme, of course). Same exact skipping.

I've loaded the intermediary jpegs into AfterEffects, it sees them all, so they are intact, to the best of my knowledge (I even imported them into Lightroom, all look good), but when I render them using LRT, I get the skipping problem.

I've restarted LRT, LR, and even the computer. No change, exact same skipping after rendering after each of these restarts.

I've rendered several other sequences today, none of them are skipping frames in their final movies.

Any ideas as to why this particular sequence is having problems? A key point is that the skip always happens in the same place.

Many thanks in advance for any help, this is a weird one.

Chas
#2 Gunther
Please see this faq: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-rend...e-sequence
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
Great answer, many thanks! Yes, I did crop, so I'm sure that that explains it.

May I ask then: how do I correct for a slowly increasing tilt through my sequence? (my pan head wasn't quite level).

What I did do (must have been incorrectly): I set the first frame and the last frame to 5* (this after doing all of my 4* edits, there were about ten 4* keyframes). I levelled the first 5*, and then leveled the second 5*. I assumed that LRT would transition throughout the entire sequence so that it would be a level sequence.

I'm thinking now that the first cropping action on my part set a width and height for the first frame that is different from the last frame (but aspect ratio should have remained the same).

Can you tell me how I _should_ correct for a slowly increasing tilt through a sequence? I've searched the forum, I haven't found an answer yet (but happy to read a pointer to a link).

Cheers!

Chas
#4 Gunther
Normally doing the Ken Burns in LRTimelapse works like you explained, but you really have to take care to not get different aspect ratios. Sometimes the rotation might introduce this. I always recommend to export and render in full size and doing any ken burns animations later in the video editor - this will as well deliver smoother results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 chasg
Thanks for the info Gunther, I appreciate it.

...also check out: