• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT splitting settings across photo

#1 richardsimkins@yahoo.com
Hey guys, 
Just wondering if anyone can help with a strange issue thats happening - Ive spent hours now trying to resolve:

After generating the auto transition and reloading in Light Room (LR CC 7.3.1) all of photos are ending up with a line down the middle and different exposures / settings on either side of the image like a strange grad. 

If you disable the graduated filters this removes the split look, however looses half of my look that I've created. 
So LRT must use these grads as a way of making the transition from one keyframe to the next
I dont get it. I've not had this before, has anyone else seen this?

Thanks hive mind!
Richie
#2 Gunther
Most likely something went wrong with the graduated filters. That's why I always stress to use only the 4 linear gradients that LRTimelapse creates for any adjustments. If you delete or add filters, this could lead to such results. The reason is, that LRTimelapse uses additional hidden filters, do do some corrections. Please try editing the sequence once more from scratch, start with "Metadata/initialize" in LRT, remove the sequence from Lightroom. Then start over. Remember to not add or remove the gradients and also to use the Sync Script to bringing the settings from one keyframe to the next.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 richardsimkins@yahoo.com
Hey Gunther thanks for getting back to me, but alas I have started the porcess again, and have about 15 timelapse sequences so I have also tried on new files fresh from the beginning. One of my last which was a simple grade with nothing more complicated than contrast and saturation and hue changes you can just make out the same line running down the middle of the image with very slight changes eitherside. No graduated filters were used in this new example so I do not understand..

I have now tried 3 different sequences staying away from the grad filters entirely. But all have the same issue after going back into LR, and selecting all + read metadata from file to apply the auto transition. Is there anything that you know of that may affect this?

I am yet to do a full re-install of LRT will do that today

My files are 5D MkIV Raws, and also 5DMK3
I'm using LR Clasic CC 7.3.1
LRT 5.07
Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16GB Ram 512 SSD
Using raided drive for fast export

Thanks,
Richie
#4 Gunther
That sounds strange. Could you please send me one of those image files including the xmp file saved by Lightroom. Please send it via Dropbox or Smash to support at lrtimelapse.com.
#5 richardsimkins@yahoo.com
Hey Gunther thanks for taking a look at this here's tow examples:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2jjmcx9baxtr...Adu5a?dl=0
#6 Gunther
I've checked the images, and it's definitely the gradients.
After reinitializing this is gone.
Please start over as I explained above. Metadata/Initialize AND remove sequence from Lightroom. Then do a simple edit. Check the keyframes bevore editing, the should not show this effect. Then edit the keyframes, leave the gradients alone, do an autoi transition, save, load metadata in Lightroom and check again. You shouldn't see that effect. If it appears again, try to reproduce what you did.

...also check out: