• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ramper Pro workflow with LRTimelapse 4

#21 Tstain86
I am having problems importing raw CR2 files into LRtimelapse 4.7.1 pro? When I try to import them, a pop up block appears and says ( issue with pathname ) foldername, path or filenames in your sequence contain non ASCII characters. This might cause problems when loading the Exif-Data. Please rename the folder / files. do you want to try to load them anyways? YES or NO???

Sorry just confused what do I do because when I select either or it works, but when i transfer them to adobe lightroom it doesn't move all of them some stay greyed out unable to select them, to continue with the holy grail editing process. If anyone could help would be very grateful thank you.
#22 aaronpriest
That means either your files or the path / directory / folder has spaces or special characters like @$%#, etc. in them. Spaces aren't always a problem, but those extra special characters usually screw up ExifTool.
#23 Vadim
Hi Aaron,

One more question about the Ramperpro + LRTimelapse combination:

I put both RAW file from camera and XMP files from the Ramperpro in the same folder. When I open this folder in LR CC I see minor and smooth increment of the exposure across the files sequence. But when I open the same folder in LRTimelapse 4 I see some steps of luminosity that cause flicker:

[Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b8...&zw&atsh=1]

There are values in Exposure 2012 column that indicates that LRT reads the xmp files made by Ramperpro. Nevertheless, there are big steps of exposure in preview window. What is wrong?

Thank you,
Vadim
#24 Gunther
If you look at the images in LIghtroom, the XMP files with the corrections already got applied.
When you load the sequence into Lightroom, with the regular previews, you see the original previews and the blue curve indicates the original steps. The correction is in the table, but not yet visually applied to the previews.
They will get applied, when you activate the "Visual Previews" in LRTimelapse.

In terms of workflow I'd suggest to skip using the Ramper Pro XMPs, they deliver no advantage, since the Holy Grail Wizard in LRTimelapse will do the same corrections. Just use the bare raw files and go through the LRTimelapse workflow as explained in the tutorials.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: