• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT3 holy grail - getting exposure jump between steps

#21 Gunther
This is definitely not the result we would expect. I think there must be something wrong with the adjustments or you used some unsupported editing features (see faq).
Please try doing the sequence from scratch, redo the previews (Shift-F5) - just in case - and then try to avoid the unsupported settings.

I dont understand your "3stops" statement above. Did you adjust by 3 stops at once? That would be way too much - 1 stop should be the max for a single adjustment.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#22 Tayqun
(2013-08-09, 10:19)gwegner Wrote: This is definitely not the result we would expect. I think there must be something wrong with the adjustments or you used some unsupported editing features (see faq).
Please try doing the sequence from scratch, redo the previews (Shift-F5) - just in case - and then try to avoid the unsupported settings.

I dont understand your "3stops" statement above. Did you adjust by 3 stops at once? That would be way too much - 1 stop should be the max for a single adjustment.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...=supported I have taken a look at these steps and try to redo it.

by 3 tops I meant that, I change the iso dial or shutter up to 3 clicks ( eqlvnt to 1 stop ). In total there is only 1 stop light difference.
#23 helloiamrory
I had a similar problem in LRT2 and I have not tried the solution I was give n yet, but I was told to make "one click" or 1/3 stop exposure changes instead of a full stop as when shooting with the sunset inframe, the 1 stop exposure jumps are too much to correct in post..
#24 Tayqun
(2013-08-20, 15:17)helloiamrory Wrote: I had a similar problem in LRT2 and I have not tried the solution I was give n yet, but I was told to make "one click" or 1/3 stop exposure changes instead of a full stop as when shooting with the sunset inframe, the 1 stop exposure jumps are too much to correct in post..

But in the tutorials of Gunther we generally see 3 click change? Still I also believe you are right because when I change my EV by 1 it blows out the highlights which can not be saved..
#25 Gunther
Especially with the new Holy-Grail-Wizard it's totally fine to go for smaller adjustments. If you go for 1/3rd stops, make sure to lower the threshold in the expert settings should the wizard refuse to detect the steps.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: