• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 11: how to "Drag to Lightroom"?

#1 Gunther
Update: with the latest Windows 11 updates Microsoft restored this feature.
---

If you upgraded to Windows 11 you'll quickly notice that Microsoft seems to have forgotten to implement the ability to drag-drop something to / from the windows taskbar.

In my opinion this is a major usability flaw and I hope they will fix it quickly.

I use that feature all the time, not only with LRTimelapse: for example if I have my browser in full screen mode, downloaded a file and want to move that to another folder. Then I drag the file from the downloads in the browser to the taskbar, wait a moment hovering on the explorer icon, now the explorer comes to the front and I can drop the file.

And BTW: The same works on MacOS and any other Windows. Just not on Windows 11.

That's also what we normally do, when dragging a sequence from LRTimelapse to Lightroom: grab the button in LRTimelapse, drag it over the Lightroom Icon in the Taskbar, wait a moment until Lightroom comes up and drop it into the Library to make the Lightroom importer come up. Unfortunately this also doesn't work on Windows 11, at least at the moment.

Option A: The work around:

As usually click on the draggable button in LRTimelapse and hold your mouse and drag it a little bit to enable the dragging. Keep the mouse pressed!
Now hold Alt and press Tab - this will bring up the window selector and select the next window. Now you can press Tab as often as you need to make Lightroom active. When Lightroom is selected, release the Alt key and the window will come up. You will be still "dragging"! Now bring your mouse to where you want to drop and release the mouse. Done!

Try it once or twice - it sounds more complicated written down than it is - basically you just do the drag drop and while doing it change the active window via Alt-Tab. And you can use this trick not only for LRTimelapse but also with any other drag-drop where the drop destination is not visible.

Personally I think that this way is even a bit faster then the taskbar variant. Just try it an let me know, how it works for you!

Option B: with a little helper Tool
Download and run the tool "Windows 11 Drag And Drop Taskbar Fixer" from here:
https://github.com/HerMajestyDrMona/Wind...x/releases
You can put it into Autostart. It will restore the old drag/drop behavior until Microsoft fixes this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 patrick.vertongen@gmail.com
I have a similar question for MAC. Since I upgraded to LRT6 the drag function to LRC is not working. Is there another way to move the sequence to LRC?
#3 AlSo
Option B works on Win 10 too. Thanks Gunther
#4 Daesymmato
It's weird that Windows 11 doesn't have this feature when previous versions and even macOS do. I'll get a cheap windows 11 pro key to find it out myself. Maybe they've already added that feature.
#5 Gunther
Yes it works with latest updates of windows 11.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: