• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT5 won't start at all

Question
#1 lenni
Hello,
I am using an Windows 10 64-Bit PC (16GB Ram) with the 1809 Update.
After installing LRT5 the first time and launching it, it shows the loading screen for a split second and crashes afterwards.
Then i searched the forum and web if anyone got similar problems. But the mentioned solutions are refering to java and windows defender issues.
So i uninstalled java and installed the newest 64-bit version. I also created an exception in windows defender for exif.
Non of this worked for me.
I hope some of you could offer a solution.

By the way, LRT5 has no problems with starting at all on my Macbook Pro 2016 13" with macOS 10.14.3.

Thanks for your help!
Lenni
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse does not need any java installed. You can uninstall the stand alone java, if you don't need if for other programs.
To sort out your problem, please
a) Make sure that you have the very latest LRTimelapse installed (currently Build 573) - redownload / reinstall if necessary.
b) If it still doesn't launch, define the whole folder c:\program files\LRTimelapse 5 as exception in your anti virus.
c) If it still doesn't launch, please attach the log file from the Documents/LRTimelapse folder.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lenni
hi, thanks for your reply.

a) i installed the newest version (5.2 573) multiple times - still don't launch
b) according to other forum posts i also created an exception for the whole folder, like you mentioned - no difference
c) i searched for the log file, but the folder with the log files doesn't exist at all; maybe the reason could be that the programm never startet

if you need more details about my system (cpu, gpu) please let me know.
Lenni
#4 lenni
after trying to reinstall with the newest version an error window occured.
it shows: "File can not be executed: C:\Programm files\LRTimelapse 5\LRTimelapse5.exe
CreateProcess failed: Code 740. The Process need higher rights."

I tried to reinstall with running the setup with admin rights, but it doesen't worked and it shows the same error again
#5 Gunther
Never heard of a problem like that, something seems to be strange on your system.
Does that message come when you run the installer or when you try to launch the application?
You might try running the installer with admin rights once more although this normally isn't necessary (it will prompt for your admin approval nevertheless via uac.
You might also try running LRTimelapse as admin.
Another thing you could try is to run the LRTimelapse 5.cmd file from program files/LRTimelapse 5 it will show a terminal window with some log output which you can post here.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 lenni
After starting the LRTimelapse.cmd i got an error saying, that my JNA library is 5.1 instead of 5.2. So i searched for other posts with this error and found the following:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-inc...el%C3%B6st

Solution: I uninstalled FileBot and now LRT5 works just fine!
Thanks for your help and quick reply!
Lenni

...also check out: