• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelaps vs LR Picture

#1 GeorgMohr
Hello together,
It is not new, that i mentioned the difference, but now I want to know where the difference comes from.
It is the same Picture captured as RAW and out of cam.
Where does it come from, that they are looking so different in the programms. LR Timelaps and the opened RAW file in Irfan View are identical, but the Picture shown in Lightroom looks like a totally different file... I have no idea why that happends and i hate it, because most time the Picture at LR looks bad.

I hope someone can help me.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Irfan View shows the embedded camera preview (basically the jpg that the camera developed according to the editing settings in the camera). LRTimelapse does the same when showing the camera previews.
Lightroom does an own development, here you have to use the Lightroom tools to develop the RAW file.
As soon as you switch LRTimelapse to the Visual Previews, it will then develop according to the Lightroom tools too.

Bottom line: the camera does some default edits, this is why at the first instance the previews might look a bit more edited (in fact they are). Lightroom opens up to your own creativity when editing. At the beginning, it displays a image more "flat"...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: