• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 2.0 Launchers

#1 gallmau
Just purchased the 2.0 version of this great software and I have just a question :
In the intallation folder now I find two new .exe files ( LRTimelapse_1GB.exe and LRTimelapse_largeMem.exe ) so what is the difference betwen them and the "standard" .exe ? I suppose they are dedicated to the ammount of ram memory of the system...if so my pc is a Pentium IV 3.2 ghz with 2 GB ram ...which of them is better to start the software .
Thanks a lot for your great job and eventually for your answere .
Mauro Gallinaro
Italy
#2 Gunther
Hi Mauro, first thank you for purchasing the new version!

Regarding the new Exe-Launchers: I think you should use the "1GB" launcher on your system. But you could just try the different launcher and have a look at the memory indicator on the top right of LRT2, there you can see how much memory is available.

Unfortunately on small systems we have to manually reserve more memory (for example 1GB) than java would provide with the "largeMem" or the default Launcher.

LargeMem is for people with 8 or 16 Gigs of ram. And the default Launcher just reserves 30-90% of the available RAM.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gallmau
Thanks a lot for your help . I'll try the three launchers and if I don't misunderstood I have to choose the one which gives me the bigger ammount of memory available ....is it correct ?
Thanks again
Mauro
P.s. Just sended the license form as following of your email received a few minute ago.
#4 Gunther
Hi Mauro,
yes that makes sense. BTW: I just sent you your license-key - have fun with LRT2.0!
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 gallmau
License key received ...all OK
Thanks
#6 screamer
hi,
i've just buyed the release 2 too, and was thinking the same thing. So i will do the same try of gallmau and see what version is more comfortable on my system.
Anyway, big big thanks for this great piece of software Smile)) i'm waiting my key for trying the automatic keyframe feature, because i have tons of holy grail timlapses ready to try Big GrinDDD

...also check out: