• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 3.3

#1 gwegner
The last weeks I've been really busy working on this upgrade. I wanted to get it done before I'm heading to Patagonia in April.

Version 3.3 brings some important improvements and several fixes. So please make sure to upgrade asap.

One annoying bug in Lightroom has always nagged us: LR refuses to read metadata from files whose timestamps are in the future for example due to time zone shifts. LRTimelapse 3.3 introduces a new date shift feature, that will let you correct this very easily and make Lightroom read the metadata.

For Mac-Users LRT 3.3 brings retina support (still only text, didn't find the time to redraw all icons) and an upgrade to the latest Java 7u51. Updated ExifTool as well.

For Holy Grail sequences I improved the auto transitions, so that the transitions should now be calculated even smoother.

Chris suggested to add a possibility to drag/drop a sequence from LRTimelapse into Lightroom for importing and I implemented it. You will find the pathname of the current sequence above the table now and you can just drag it onto Lightroom to open the Lightroom importer with that very sequence. Unfortunately this only makes sense, if the sequence is not already in the LR-Catalog.

Furthermore I added a couple of keyboard shortcuts for even faster workflows and a refresh button to each directory-chooser.

Worth a mention as well is that I made the handing with metadata more bulletproof, so that even if Lightroom decides to throw away some of the initializations, LRTimelapse should be able to correct this more reliably now.

Please find the list of (nearly) all changes below:
  • New Feature: Date Shifter to shift the original Date/Time of sequences. This allows to circumvent the Date-Bug in Lightroom, that prevents loading metadata for sequences that were "shot in the future" due to a wrong time setting in the camera or different time zones.
  • LRTimelapse will now aditionally automatically detect sequences with timestamps in the future and notify the user.
  • Added a small label above the Table with the current pathname. You can drag/drop this onto Lightroom to open the import dialog in Lightroom (thank you Chris Malin for the idea).
  • Added a refresh-button to all folder selectors
  • Basic Retina Support for MacOS
  • Basic Support for Sequences shot with the RamperPro
  • Better Auto-Transition for keyframes that are close to each other. Especially improves auto transitions for holy sequences shot with very small adjustments where only a couple of frames exist between the adjustments.
  • New text for skipped EV steps when creating keyframes, hope it's clearer now.
  • Detection of images with different sizes an/or crops. Added warnings.
  • Improved AutoFix for XMP-Data
  • Improved Date/Time sort after loading the exif-data of a sequence sequence
  • When the root folder of a drive contained one or more image files, the drive's name would not be displayed, fixed.
  • Saving will not remove or change the selection anymore
  • Fixed a bug where in rare cases a Null Pointer Exception could happen on startup. Thanks to Forum-User Nils for helping me to narrow this down!
  • Added a couple of new keyboard shortcuts for a even faster workflow
  • Import Dialog is now locked while importing
  • Added support for *.nrw RAW files
  • Changed dimension checking for 4K, so that UHD source dimensions will be displayed as "suited for 4K"
  • LensProfileEnable fix
  • Small bugfix in render dialog
  • Some smaller bugfixes in the UI
  • Improved error handling when saving JPGs
  • Updated Exiftool
  • Updated Java on MacOS version
Please download the new version from http://lrtimelapse.com/download and let me know, how you like the new features!
Check out my e-book Time Lapse Shooting and Processing!
Subscribe to the LRTimelapse Newsletter!

lrtimelapse.com - advanced Time Lapse Photography made easy!
gwegner.de - Fotografie, Zeitraffer, Video, Reisen.
facebook · Google+ · twitter · vimeo
Big Grin
#2 aaronpriest
Thanks for adding support for the RamperPro! Looking forward to trying it out!
#3 gwegner
@Aaron: just put the XMPs from RamperPro into the same directory with the RAW files, then load that into LRTimelapse and initialize. Will conserve the RamperPro settings.

#4 Dave W
Hope you are enjoying your trip and getting some great time lapse opportunities. Can't wait to see them.

You are probably aware that Java released a new version to Java, 7u55, which seems to incompatible with LRTimelapse ver 3.3. If you reinstall Java 7u51, LRTimelapse will work once again. Sorry if missed a post elsewhere in the forum or on Facebook.

Thanks for a great program.
#5 gwegner
I'm surprised to hear this. I will check it, when I'm back home... No way to download the new Java here in Patagonia ;-)

#6 Raw Media Studios
Dave,

What are you running? OS? What kind of problems are you having. I'm running the latest and haven't had any problems.
#7 gwegner
@Dave there is NO incompatibility with any new java version.

...also check out: