• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 4.7.6 Pro - problems with deflicker

#11 Ekoli
Yeah, something I wasn't doing well. Now it seems to be fine.
Does the size of the rectangle matter? How big should that rectangle be?
After I applied a deflicker on the sky area, can I still apply one on another area?
And one more thing: can I save a project started in LRTimelapse and then open it another day?
Thanks a lot for the tips.
#12 Gunther
There is no "right" size for the rectangle. It just determines the area which will be used to detect the flicker.
There is only one deflicker, because it affects the whole image.
If you save in LRTimelapse, of course, when you reopen the sequence the other day, you can continue where you left off.
If you need to save different states of your project you can use the Snapshot feature (see menu) to do so.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Ekoli
In conclusion, that rectangle must be drawn on an obvious flicker area. I mean we can't remove the deflicker without drawing the rectangle, right? Or are there situations when the flicker disappears without drawing that rectangle?
#14 Gunther
Yes sure, for many sequences without many local changes (like landscapes), it will be sufficient to have the full image area as a reference, as it's defined by default, when you don't draw the rectangle. It just depends from the sequences and it's contents.
#15 Ekoli
gwegner,
Can you answer my 2 questions?
The number of keyframes according to what criterion is established?
How to choose the Smoothing value from the Visual Deflicker?
Thank you so much!
#16 Gunther
That's basics explained in my instructions and tutorials but anyway:
the amount of keyframes defines the amount of images that you would like to edit individually and differently. If you have a sequence which you would like to edit all the same, one keyframe will be enough. If you would like to calculate a transition of edits between beginning and end, it would be two. And so on.

Smoothing value is just how smooth you would like the luminance progression of the deflickered sequence to be. You see the curve changing when you drag the slider. The smoother it gets, the less the luminance will follow short term changes. Usually you should set the smoothnes in a way, that it eliminates flicker effect but preserves natural changes of the luminance over time.
#17 Ekoli
Thank you so much!
#18 Ekoli
Hi!
I come back with a problem: I do not understand why the purple histogram is no longer loaded inside the green histogram. Now the purple histogram exceeds the thickness of the green histogram and the end result is not ok, it has flicker.
I am glad that it does not come out, I tried all kinds of variants.
Where am I wrong?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#19 Gunther
So there is still flicker. This could be from too heavy editing in LR with non linear tools or something else. I cannot tell you just from that screenshot.
In the first step I'd suggest to reinitialize the sequence and start over (remove sequence from Lightroom, in LRT do "Metadata/Initialize".
Are you still on LRT4 ? (this is the old forum for LRT4). If so, please note that LRT4 is long out of support. You should upgrade to LRT5. If you are on LRT5 already, you should use the appropriate forum.

...also check out: