• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 5.0.6 jumps to Visual Workflow

#1 olihar
Everytime I open a folder LRTimelapse automatically jumps to Visual Workflow tab, its pretty annoying if one is just using the Basic Tab.
#2 Gunther
That's by design. Visual Workflow is the default.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 olihar
Thats not good design as I have already selected a different tab, its like using an internet browser and each time something loads on a page it would automatically jump to that one... Would drive me nuts.

Why not just stick to the tab one has active at any given moment instead of forcing a hard-coded tab change. There is a reason one has that particular tab active.

Lets say I am jumping between bunch of folders to render directly, and using that tab, it jumps every single time one goes into a new folder.

I put my vote on sticking to the TAB thats ACTIVE. Or at least put an option in preferences allowing people to select stay or force change.
#4 Gunther
The logic is, that if you load a JPG sequence, the basic workflow will get selected, if you load a raw or dng sequence, the Visual Workflow will get selected. It makes no real sense to use the basic workflow with raw/dng sequences in my opinion. Why would you be doing this?
#5 olihar
When visual deflicker is not needed and way way to slow for what is being worked on, regular deflicker is all is needed. I am talking working on hundreds of timelapse sequences.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Visual Preview and Visual Deflicker for all my other stuff, I can make time for waiting for processing times.
#6 Gunther
I'll consider making a switch in the expert settings to turn off the automatic workflow selection. I'll move this to feature requests.
#7 olihar
Great, thanks.
#8 Gunther
I've implemented this in 5.0.7: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-5-0-7-update/

...also check out: