• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LrTimelapse 5.0.6 Mac does not generate transitions

#1 passiflora
I added keyframes manually and then saved the keyframe settings into XMP, followed by filtering the keyframed photos in Lr using the saved settings and adjusting them in Lr and save the metadata to xmp sidecar files. And then back to LrTimelapse and reloaded the metadata, it displayed the changed parameters on keyframes with other photos 0 in these parameters. However, when I clicked Auto Transition and went back to Lr, the transition did not take effect! This issue also happens in LrTimelapse 4 in my computer. Anyone knows to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!

P.S. here is some little research on the xmp files and dng photos, just for reference:
I opened the XMP file of one keyframe photos that I've adjusted in Lr using UltraEdit and saw the <crs:Temperature>5850</crs:Temperature>, which was not the value I set, and all my adjustments was not present. However, when I removed this xmp file and opened the dng file using Photoshop, it displayed all the adjustments correctly. Then I use MATLAB to read the XMP property in the EXIF information stored inside the DNG file by imfinfo(), the content it displayed is completely different from the xmp file, with all my adjustments stored inside!

When I opened another XMP file that accompanied with a non-keyframe photo, it was nearly similar to that of keyframed photo, the adjustments were also absent. And the XMP information read by MATLAB does not show any adjustments.

The result of this research shows that XMP files generated by LrTimelapse in my computer does not contain adjustments, and LrTimelapse only syncs the settings in xmp file, however my adjustments were stored inside the DNG file, which was not synced.

My camera is SONY A7R2, and the DNG files were converted from original ARW files using Lr

The four xmp files (Keyframe-XMP, Keyframe-MATLAB, NonKeyframe-XMP, NonKeyframe-MATLAB) were presented as attachment, hope my little research can help to the solution of this issue.
Attached Files

.zip   XMP files.zip (Size: 13.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
#2 Gunther
Exactly, LRTimelapse writes sidecar XMP files for DNGs, while Lightroom writes embedded XMP files. On LRTimelapse's side this is by design, since writing/reading Sidecars is much faster and better for backup purposes.

However, when reading both programs use whichever is newer. That means, if the latest change is an XMP sidecar file from LRTimelapse, Lightroom will read this sidecar instead of the embedded XMP data.
Of course, you always need to trigger "Read Metadata From Files" in Lightroom after doing the Auto Transition and Saving in LRT. And don't forget to do that "Read Metadata" command, while in Lightrooms Library mode with all images selected.
You'll see, it will work then.

There is one more thing to take care of: make sure that you camera date/time and computer date/time are in sync and correctly set.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: