• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 5.3.1 very slow on loading exif data

#1 StaryKaszub
I have timelapse sequence of 2180 RAW photos shot with Sony camera. When I open this sequence in LTRTimelapse file in the folder are quickly loaded and when the "Loading exif-data" starts, but nothing happens. I've waited approx. 30 minutes and no progress. Canceling the exif-data load process triggers next attempt to load/verify missing exif-data and this time I see that something is read - single photo once every 2 senconds - in the preview pane the blue line appears slowly dot after dot, but after 30 minutes this line is one fifth of the total pane width.
I've searched the forum, but the only article about slow exif-data load mentions adding exiftool.exe to the white list of Windows Defender, which I did, but this doesn't change anything - still exif-data is not loaded.
Opening Windows Task Manager shows that LTRTimelapse uses approx. 14% of CPU and there are four instances of processes created from exiftool.exe (32-bit) which do nothing - 0% CPU. From time to time the Adobe DNGConverter is run using 15% of CPU cycles. Basicaly the system is idle and LRTimelapse is not doing much. My Windows 10 Pro N version 1903 is running on the Intel i7-6800K CPU with 32GB of memory.

Any idea what may be the cause of such slowlines?
#2 Gunther
Can you send me the log file, after you've started loading exif data? (Info menu)

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 StaryKaszub
On the Show logfile the button "Send log via email" does nothing for me. I've copied the log file to clipboard and hopefully you will make sense of it:

[2019-11-06 21:05:12] DEBUG: Found special characters in path: D:\wiesl\Pictures\Rok 2019\Go?ubie\Lipiec\RAW\Timelapse\Budowa pergoli
#4 StaryKaszub
Ok, I've solved it - LTRTime doesn't like Polish characters in file paths. Once I've change folder name frol "Gołubie" to "Golubie" everything works as expected. Is this a known issue?
#5 Gunther
Yes, normally you should get a warning dialog about this also in the user interface.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: