• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 5.3.2 various concerns

#1 javajack
Today I received the red warning in Lightroom that LRT exports doesn't work in Lightroom 9.0. My desktop automatically upgraded to this version of Lightroom. What is the workaround? It says to update Lightroom, but this is the latest Lightroom or wait for Adobe to fix the issue. My laptop still has an older version of Lightroom so I can process there, but this is not convenient.

Other issue is color. My ProRes movies HQ Rec 709 do not match my jpg sequence in After Effects or in Premiere. There is a gamma shift and the movies appear to be darker, gamma shift, compared to the jpgs. Also the jpgs read as sRGB in Adobe products even though I never click the override to select sRGB. I shoot in AdobeRGB for wider color gamut.

I was not able to output 16 bit tiffs to check because of the export issue, although I forced it to and the tif files created were not compatible with AE or PS and were only 1.2MB for a 6000x4000 image, so this is not correct either. Normally these would be 100MB in size.

Anyone else have any thoughts on all of this?
#2 Gunther
Didn't you read my explanation in the blog? It was also linked in the warning dialog:
https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lightroom-9...rt-plugin/

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 javajack
I reverted back to last Lightroom build and things seem to be working okay again. I have tried every version of ProRes render, quality, 4444 vs 422, wide gamut and cannot get image sequences, tiff or jpg to match. This is true of Premiere as well, both apps being in a color managed mode for Rec 709 as I output for broadcast.
#4 javajack
I see your message now. I have reverted back to 8.4 but lost my catalogue as it is not backward compatible. I can wait for the fix. Bigger concern is that image sequences will not match with ProRes regardless of quality, etc.
#5 javajack
I am working with Adobe engineers to see why the ProRes and image sequences do not match in AE or Premiere. Do these files match at your end? I find that regardless of quality settings ProRes is always darker, gamma shift, than the images, ProRes or tif. Sometimes I like to use image sequences as my final output to fix frames, etc.
#6 Gunther
Images and videos live in different color spaces. There will always be a certain difference when the conversion occurs. Normally this is no issue, but please have a look at this faq also: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-the...htroom-lrt
#7 javajack
Okay, thanks, but I really feel things should be closer. I'm a colorist by trade. I am used to using many tools for my work, Adobe products, Davinci Resolve, Nuke, etc. I can move things from one platform to the other and maintain my colour fidelity. I am finding that jpg looks one way, tiff looks another way and each version of ProRes also has a different look, differences in gamma, colour saturation, etc. They should get better with each higher value, 4444 should be better than 422, etc, etc. Anyway, I see a lot of differences, but then I live in a world of colour and just find it a bit frustrating. I just have to pick the settings that look reasonable and go with that.
#8 Canonista
Excuse me Gunther,

I haven't updated LR yet. When do you think we can update it?

Thanks¡¡
#9 Gunther
When Adobe releases 9.1 it will be fixed.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
#10 Canonista
Ok¡ Thanks for the information¡

...also check out: