• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

LrTimelapse Cheat Sheet

#1 HeckTheWhat
I know this isn't a question but I wanted to help anyone who is still having trouble with the LrTimelapse workflow. I created a cheat sheet/checklist (or whatever you want to call it) for LrTimelapse 4 from Gunthers workflow video tutorial. I found the workflow confusing at first but now that I have figured it out I thought I would make a checklist for people who are still confused. I still recommend watching Gunther's tutorial video if you haven't already (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83fkJIqLJ4).

I hope this helps anyone who is having trouble and I hope it's easy to understand. Good luck everyone!

My LrTimelapse cheat sheet/checklist:

Start in LrTimelapse:
  • Click on folder in the tree on the left to load it into LRT
  • Keyframes wizard
  • Add or remove keyframes with the slider
  • Save
  • Make sure Lightroom is in Grid view in Library
  • Drag to Lightroom
Switch to Lightroom:
  • Make sure to use “Add” (Not “Copy”) in the import Dialog
  • Change filter to LRTimelapse Keyframes
  • Edit first keyframe
  • Use provided graduated filters instead of creating new ones
  • Select all photos
  • Select LRTimelapse Sync Scripts on top menu bar to copy any settings you want to the other keyframes
  • Check all other keyframes and adjust in the same way if necessary
  • Go back to Grid View in Library
  • Select all keyframes
  • Metadata > Save metadata to files
Switch back to LrTimelapse:
  • Reload
  • Autotransition
  • Save
  • Visual previews
  • Select a reference area for deflicker, if there are areas in the image, that should not affect the reference for deflickering - leave them out
  • Visual deflicker
  • Follow the trend of the line but get rid of the small bumps with the deflicker slider
  • playback sequence and refine deflicker if you see residual flicker
  • Hit the apply button
  • Save

Switch back to Lightroom:
  • Change to Grid view in Library
  • Change filter to LrTimelapse full sequence
  • Select all photos (Control A)
  • Metadata > Read metadata from files
  • Make sure the source folder is selected on the left side rather than “Previous Import"
  • File > Export
  • Expand the LrTimelapse tab on left side of the export window
  • Choose JPEG, 4K or JPEG, Original
  • Change output path to a parent folder where you want the timelapse to be stored
  • Export
  • Wait for Lightroom to export and LRTimelapse export window will come up automatically when export is finished
Switch back to LRTimelapse:
  • Choose output settings
  • Render video
#2 William_Kocken
That is awesome. Thanks a ton.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
#3 Lapsefinger
You can save a lot of hard drive space if you skip the final export from Lightroom and render from the raw files directly in After Effects or Premiere Pro, but it will be conciderably slower.
#4 HeckTheWhat
(2017-07-19, 23:36)Lapsefinger Wrote: You can save a lot of hard drive space if you skip the final export from Lightroom and render from the raw files directly in After Effects or Premiere Pro, but it will be conciderably slower.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've seen several tutorials online where people swear by that method. I just personally don't use either of those programs so that's why I wasn't able to include any instructions for them.
#5 shafk
Thanks for this quick summary - It pretty sums us the Basic Tutorial that Gunther explains on YouTube. *Bookmarked*
#6 Gunther
(2017-07-19, 23:36)Lapsefinger Wrote: You can save a lot of hard drive space if you skip the final export from Lightroom and render from the raw files directly in After Effects or Premiere Pro, but it will be conciderably slower.

...and you won't be able to rerender the sequence with different settings so easily as with the LRTimelapse renderer. Besides the MP4 encoder that LRTimelapse uses (ffmpeg) delivers better quality then the Adobe encoder. And you will be able to render in ProRes as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 cblumenshine
Thank you, this is a nice reference. After you switch to lightroom and change filter to keyframes, you should change from Library mode to Develop mode, yes?
#8 Gunther
Sure, to edit the keyframes you have to switch to develp mode.
#9 cblumenshine
Also, in my notes, I have when editing first keyframe, I have to crop to 16x9. Not sure if that's necessary but that's what I do.
#10 Gunther
Sure, that way you can exactly define where the crop would be.

...also check out: