• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Wizard or Deflicker have no Effect

#11 joes
Thank you, will give it a try.
Funny though. If I play the preview of my wholy grail timelapse in LRT, there is no flickering visible, not even at the large preview screen. After exporting via LR there is.
Hope your advice will help, thanks again. Otherwise I will have to learn to change the settings in LRT manually. We'll see.
As far as I can see now, my photo's are taken correctly. That means I can go ahead and take shots in Norway like I do now at home.
Regards,
Joes.
#12 Gunther
That's because you have a never Adobe DNG Converter installed, that supports the Masks 2.0. It's just your outdated Lightroom that doesn't.
You should really consider upgrading to the latest Lightroom Classic. LR 6 is now over 8 years old. The current Lightroom Classic offers many benefits and is way faster also. This makes a huge difference, especially for Timelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 joes
Thank you Gunther,
your advice did the trick. No problems whatsoever anymore. You certainly made my day!
Now we can go hunting for Aurora in Norway and Sweden in a few days.
Feel quite relaxed indeed now.
After our trip I will install the pro version and see what that one will bring.

Thank you again.
Regards, Joes
#14 Gunther
Have a great time with lady Aurora! :-)
#15 joes
Hello Gunther,
Thank you for your best wishes.
We are back now, with loads of dancing Aurora's. At least 20 timelapses, very short and a few reasonably long. Even one day to night. Plus quite a lot of experiences not foreseen. A few practical problems that I would gladly share. And a lot more experienced.
First of our four weeks trip we ran into 5 nights with Aurora. Couldn't be much better.
One problem still remains.

There are lots of satellites spoiling the Aurora pictures. Yesterday I have been trying to brush them away in LR 6.
There they are gone, but now creating the timelapse in LRT or LR still does show them satellites.
Is there a way to export the edited files from LR to LRT and have this couple take care of correct jpg files without the satellites for the rendering?
Or... do I have to export all the files from LR to jpg's in a seperate folder and have LRT make a rendering of those?
Sort of: does LR export all edits to LRT?
Couldn't find a solution in the faqs, so therefore I ask here.
Thank you in advance.
Regards, Joes.
#16 Gunther
Hi Joe, please check out the Expert Tips Video #6 about Stamping, where I explain the different options and how to prevent LRTimelapse from overwriting individual stamps on non-keyframe images during auto transition!
https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert
#17 joes
Thank you, I will.
Done. Since the satellites are moving, this solution doesn't work for me.
Nevertheless, I have got a few steps further on the road.
Creating the spot removal corrections, I discovered a couple of things. Maybe only in my situation, but others may find the same problems.

The corrected way...
After any correction, I press 'enter'. Then go to the next satellite and correct it. Press 'enter' again.
If I now leave that location of the picture bij dragging the magnified view, the corrections will not be visible the next time I view the page.
Instead, by leaving the Correction mode (pressing Q) and then move to one other part of the picture, it looks like lightroom saves the changes better.
It even happens that when -after editing all the satellites- I go to F full size view, one or two even still may be visible. Going back one frame, waiting for the view to have been rebuild and then go back to the edited one (still in F view), the corrections are visible, no satellite anymore. Somehow Lightroom has to rebuild the preview.
Did make a try of exporting twenty edited frames and indeed, the satellites are gone.
Like you said in the tutorial, it certainly is a tedious job.
But... I can't redo the captures. So, if I don't want to see them, I will have to remove them all by hand. For about a thousand pictures. With sometimes between 5 and 10 satellites visible in one and the same shot. Not being bored for a while.
Hope the result will be better than those ugly white spooky things calling all the attention.
Since it is night and the aurora's are dancing, some artefacts will be far less visible than if there is sensor dust visible in a light sky.

Hope I will be able to post (if I can find how to do that) one or two results. That will take a while. Some three thousands pictures to go...
Anyway, thank you for your quick reaction.
Regards,
Joes.
#18 Gunther
For the moving objects, I'd use the approach I've shown in Expert Tips #10 - stamping on the pre-exported intermediary sequences in After Effects. That works quite well and maybe faster.
https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert
#19 ShadowArt
I am going to join this thread as I too have been having trouble with deflicker. I am a new user and have done three clips, two have been successful but this one in particular has had no luck:

https://youtu.be/QGhwXkJpxpU

I have been through all the settings recommended here including taking any of the contrast sliders down to zero. I have purged the collection in LR and restarted from scratch. I have done 70 deflicker passes and it looks the same as with two passes. Could this be a product of using the electronic shutter and the heat distortion coming off the tarmac and runways?(this was shot in August) I am hoping I have just missed some dumb little step or there is another work around if it is indeed heated air distortion.

...also check out: