• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Export not working

#11 Gunther
Hmm,
I cannot see a problem in that log file. Could you please check the Paths with the intermediary jpg Sequences? (LRT_*) - are all 5600 images in there? If not not all got exported from lightroom. Please check the advices I gave on the top of this thread then.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 TimG
Thanks for the speedy response Gunter. I do have version 3.3 installed, including the export module in LR. There are no hidden duplicates and the crop was not changed. This is a very simple sequence with no lighting changes so minimal editing in LR.

I've regenerated the video 3 times with the same results- only the first 1/4 of the sequence is included.

I don't know how to check the Paths with the intermediary jpg sequence. I do see all of the images in the folder exported from Lightroom. The jpgs are all numbered sequentially and I do not see any breaks or gaps in the sequence where the video rendering stops.
#13 Gunther
I wonder how you can work with a sequence that big with the evalutaion version of LRTimelapse. That version only supports sequences with up to 400 images.

Apart from that you will need a 64bit OS to be able to provide Java enough memory and the 64bit java (link for download in the install section). then set the path to the ffmpeg encoder in the expert settings to ffmpeg64.exe and you will be able to render.

Please buy a liense if you use LRTimelapse for longer sequences then 400 images and want me to give you support.
#14 TimG
I've been gone for a week and didn't have the opportunity to continue to work on this issue. I do have a private license so the number of images should not be an issue.

I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit OS. I just updated Java 7 from version 51 to 55. After the update, I rendered the video again with the same result- only the first 1/4 of the images are used.

I was going to attach a screen shot of the External Tools Settings but don't see a means to do that.
#15 Gunther
In the external tools you have ffmpeg64.exe set as encoder (not! ffmpeg.exe) ?

I will need the log file in order to be able to see what's happening there: you'll find it in the info-menu/show log. Please send it to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#16 TimG
Here's what I have under Edit/Settings/External Tools/Path to MPEG Encoder- C:\Program Files (x86)\LRTimelapse 3\ffmpeg64.exe

I'll send the most recent file log to Support.

Thanks again for the assistance Gunther!
#17 Gunther
You log shows, that you are on a 32bit windows. This might couse trouble with sequences that long. LRTimelapse won't get enough memory, the 32bit MPG encoder has to be used, and that one might fail as well with big sequences and resolutions.
I'm pretty sure, that that's causing the problem. Not much I can do about it, you are restricting your system with the 32bit windows.
#18 Gary
Hi, I discovered the same bug this morning running LRT 3.4 in Lightroom 5.6.

I outputted 2 videos to my desktop without any problems. Selected new image sequence for output to desktop and discovered only one jpg had been created, despite the sequence containing 86 images.

The fix: Interestingly, simply by changing the output folder to something other than Desktop (even though this had worked just moments before) the export was successful. I did not adjust any files - crops, virtual copies etc.

Just out of curiosity I changed the output destination back to Desktop and the export failed - once again only creating 1 jpg.

Hope this helps.
#19 Gunther
Sometimes just restarting Lightroom helps.

...also check out: