• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse "not responding" and lots of beach balls when loading sequence on Mac

#1 lightatwork
Hi Gunther,

I've noticed that on my current setup, I experience a lot of beach balls and application "not responding" according to "Force quit application" window when loading a sequence.

I am loading sequences of just a little under 3000 raw images and when the application is busy loading the sequence, reading Exif data, creating the luminance curve etc, when I click somewhere in the application (for example to skip the play head of the preview window to a later moment, or somewhere in the image list further down), LRTimelapse stops responding and shows a beach ball as mouse cursor. The load on the systems seems reasonably light, only one or two processor cores (of my 10-core iMac Pro) are used at that time.

I've worked with sequences of several thousands of images before, and can't remember the application behaving in such a way.

The only solution I can find up till now is simply not touching anything while the sequence is loading. After this issue is triggered once, it will keep doing this until I restart the application.

I am running 5.5.8 on an iMac Pro which is running 10.14.6 OS X Mojave. 10 cores and 64Gb of ram in the machine.

Anything I can try to find a solution for this issue? As I said, it seems as if the software is much less "robust" than I was used to.

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
I honestly don't know. I had no other similar reports. This seems to rather be a MacOS issues, because LRTimelapse runs in a Virtual Machine. Maybe you should update your MacOS to the latest version (Big Sur), that's the one most people use and that's the version that I develop and test LRTimelapse on.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lightatwork
Will do. Thanks for the tip.
#4 lightatwork
Just to follow up and confirm, after upgrading my system to Big Sur, LRTimelapse runs much smoother and snappier.
#5 Gunther
Glad to hear that.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: