• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse on LINUX

#1 guinotfr
Hello everybody !

Has anybody ever experienced LRTimelapse on LINUX wine/playonlinux ?

Thanks !
#2 Gunther
The problem is not LRTimelapse since it's developed in Java - the problem is the lack of Lightroom on Linux.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 guinotfr
I have seen people running Lightroom on LINUX/wine and it was running perfectly.
#4 guinotfr
I managed to install and run lightroom properly with wine.
I managed to install LRTimelapse 4 with wine but have a java issue when trying to launch it ...
#5 Gunther
You don't need wine for LRTimelapse. You should be able to launch the JAR file directly with the right java command (check the CMD file in the Windows install folder, you should be able to port it to Linux.
But this is not officially supported by me and I have not tested it.
#6 guinotfr
Seems to work well for the moment ! I managed to launch LRTimelapse, at first the links to exiftool, ffmpeg, DNG converter were not set. I did it manually for exiftool and ffmpeg.

I have not tried yet a full workflow ; fingers crossed.
#7 Gunther
DNG Converter will of course not work, since it's not available for Linux - therefore you will not be able to use the visual previews, I'm afraid.
#8 guinotfr
Visibly, it can be run through wine also - i will try it Smile I'd love to be able to use LRTimelapse on my linux Smile
#9 guinotfr
I managed to install and run DNG converter. It is running stand alone but the path to the .exe in LRTimelapse is not working.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks again,
#10 Gunther
Try putting the exe into:
pathToDNGConverter + "/Contents/MacOS/Adobe DNG Converter"
where pathToDngConverter is the path that you set in the settings dialog. LRTimelapse will assume you are on a Mac, since you are not on Windows and automatically add "/Contents/MacOS/Adobe DNG Converter" to the path. You might have to remove the ".exe" or make a symbolic link without the .exe suffix.
This is untested, just an idea.

...also check out: