• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse on Mac OS Big Sur Beta

#1 DesignerThan
Hello,

I am working on a Mac Book Pro 15-inch Mid 2015 it is currently running on macOS Big Sur Beta. I am using the latest version of LRTimelapse 5.5.1 beta.
I have the problem, that LRTimelapse is crashing regularly. Sometimes if I want to do something in the right-click menu of the files in the table (creating a folder), other times at loading of a sequence.

Does anybody have tips for me? I have the Log File uploaded her: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/darty9vjk0y3m...R2Hfa?dl=0

Thanks and kind regards,
Jonathan (DesignerThan)
#2 Gunther
UPDATE: The current version of LRTimelapse supports MacOS Big Sur.

-----------
Sorry, but beta versions of OS are not officially supported. Such beta versions are not meant to be used for production work.

Apple keeps changing things, that means I need to rework stuff each time a new version of MacOS is being released. I have not yet updated the Mac I use for development yet to BS beta, because that would mean that I cannot test under Catalina anymore. Blame Apple for all of this mess.

Please try the 5.5.1 final and let me know if that helps, but Beta OS are known for not being stable. In your log files I see no crashes of LRTimelapse itself, that means the OS seem to be crashing the whole VM.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DesignerThan
Okay. I just wanted to let you know it. Thanks for the answer.
I will try the 5.5.1 for sure. Whats the approximate timeline of the tests for Big Sur?
If I can be any help with that, don't hesitate to say something. It's an awesome piece of software you have created. I am a Software developer my self so I know how much work there is behind it.
#4 Gunther
Officially it will be supported, when Apple releases it.
If you would like to help me with some tests, please send me an email. Thanks!
support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#5 mccarthy@cafe52.com
Hi all,
I recently upgraded one of my Macs to Big Sur and performed some tests of LRtimelapse HG processing. I did encounter one issue. I was able to resolve the issue by changing a setting in System Preferences.

Working through the steps of the HG worked perfectly until I performed the export from Lightroom and the LRtimelapse render dialog popped up. The dialog did not appear as a new window but as a tab in the running LRtimelapse. None of the controls in the render window were responsive and I was not able to switch to the other tab where the main window of LRtimelapse was running. I had to force quit LRtimelapse. After which I was able to render the jpegs from exported from Lightroom.

I discovered that there is a new setting in System Preference / General named "Prefer tabs:". This was set to "always". Changing this to "in full screen" and running another export from Lightroom resulted in the LRtimelapse render window appearing as expected.

I hope this helps other users who may upgrade to Big Sur.
#6 Gunther
Thank you for your finding and explanation!

...also check out: