• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse Pro-Timer Free

#31 lazypineapple
Hello, very nice project, easy peasy to build , no problems programming with a Mac,
While testing and running thru the menus.
I don't see a way to set the Lenghth of the exposure.
When in Bulb mode,
Am I missing something ?
Is there a reason why no Exposure length setting in Bulb mode.
Thanks
#32 Gunther
I don't see any reason to shoot timelapse in bulb mode. Exposure times longer the 30 secs are not really useful for time lapse anyway.
LRTPTF is streamlined for performance and practical use. That's why it will only trigger the camera briefly and you will set the exposure time on the camera.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#33 lazypineapple
Ok thanks,
But I can shoot with my GEM mount longer than 30sec, 60-120 sec unguided, not so much
Time lapse , but I was looking for a more reliable intervalometer,
Thanks again for a great project
#34 Gunther
Okay, I understand. Will think about it...

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#35 Rees
Just a quick note to thank all those involved for this quick WONDERFUL free project.  A few hours indoors while it rained buckets outside and I now have the intervalometer I've wanted for years.  I really appreciate the gift.  

Thanks again

rees
#36 whitelotusfilms
I have an alternative LCD shield, and only the right button is working. the German link given above is not getting translated when I use google translate
would really appreciate some help
thanks
#37 SimenZhor
I've just skimmed through the detailed documentation for this awesome project, but I couldn't find anything on camera manufacturer compatibility. I don't know if the different camera manufacturers allow all the same operations, and if they're cross-platform compatible (with no other modification than choosing the correct socket).

(2017-03-14, 10:47)gwegner Wrote: I don't see any reason to shoot timelapse in bulb mode.

Isn't bulb-ramping considered a useful technique anymore? I haven't tried all the professional grade tools you recommend using for image analysis between shots, but I would've thought bulb ramping could be a decent alternative for us amateurs Smile
#38 Gunther
It should work with any cameras that have an analog trigger input. Basically this applies to any Nikon and Canon DLSR and should work with other manufacturers too. Any camera where you can use a normal external intervalometer with a special cable for your camera, will work with the LRTPTF too.

Regarding bulb ramping, please see here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-is-a...ime-lapses
#39 tmwieczorek
how does the LRTimelapse Pro-Timer free work with third party tools i.e. qdslr dashboard or syrp genie (mini)?
#40 Gunther
It works perfectly with qDDB.

When you use motion control devices, usually the MC device will trigger the camera. However, if you want to use the LRTPTF, for example to take advantage of the interval ramping for triggering, you need to set the MC device to slave mode. I don't know, if the syrp supports this, check the manual.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...

...also check out: