• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse ProTimer free Version 0.93 / 1 Pre Focus, Interval up to 1 hour !!

#1 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,
I have received various extension requests from Pro Timer users and have implemented them as follows.
Pre Focus:
The problem of this user, was that his DSLM camera after a long interval went into sleep mode and needed a leading Focus signal to wake up again.
The same or a similar problem, there was synonymous with the Pro Timer 2. Since I anyway in my version 0.93 already control the focus it was not a big effort. In order to make the Pre Focus Time universal, I have extended the setup menu with a screen in which the Pre Focus Time can be set in the range 0.0 to 1.0 seconds.
In order to use this function, it is necessary to install a 2nd transistor for the Focus !!!

Interval up to 1h:
In a second project (Plant Growth Timelapse) it was necessary to set an interval of up to one hour and this simple !! in fact, in the previous version it is very difficult to set a long interval.
I have used the "Simplified Long Time Entry" from version 0.93 to set a long interval. The interval is adjusted to 9.9 seconds as before. From 10 seconds, the display changes and allows you to set seconds and minutes separately. This makes it possible to set an interval of 1h with just a few steps.
However, the running screen (interval display) had to be adjusted a bit!!

Light on when shooting:
Additionally, in the previously described Plant Growth Timelapse project, it was necessary to turn on a lamp during shooting. The reason for this was that the plant, whose growth is to be recorded, grows in the dark. Therefor no change in the software was necessary. Only a second camera port had to be installed. The control for this is already implemented in version 0.93. With pre-focus set to 1 second, the focus signal from the 2nd camera port was used to turn on a lamp.
Details like circuit for switching on the lamp will be published soon in a separate thread.

Changed pins for 2nd camera port:
To be compatible with my Pro Timer EXT version I changed the pinning for the 2nd camera port!!!! Details in the attached PDF:

These enhancements to the Pro Timer software enable timelapse applications that were previously unavailable.

Version 0.93 / 1 means beta status for me and not finished yet. Especially the running and remaining time in the running screen has to be revised!!

I have attached the software and a detailed description of the new features. A revised manual will be available shortly.

I would be glad if many loads the software on their PT and give a feedback.
Suggestions are also welcome!!

Greetings Hans
Attached Files

.zip   LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free_093_1.zip (Size: 15.49 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Pro Timer free Version 0_93_1 Details.pdf (Size: 455.83 KB / Downloads: 20)
#2 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,
after I recently presented my version 0.93 / 1 here in the forum, I got a suggestion from Gunther, how the wake-up for DSLM is implemented in Pro Timer 2. Thank you Gunther.
I looked at this and implemented it as follows:

Screen "Cam wake up" in the Setup Menu:
In an additionally implemented screen in the setup menu you can set the interval from which the camera should be woken up. If we use an interval greater than the value set in the "Cam wake up" screen, the focus is switched to "Waking up" the camera 1 second before the camera is released. At shorter intervals, the focus value set in the Pre Focus Time screen is used. Since this feature is required primarily for DLSM cameras, it can also be turned off.
More details can be found in the attached PDF.

RunningScreen at times> 99h:
For long interval times, it can happen that the running time or the remaining time becomes greater than > 99h. But since there are only 2 digits available in the running screen to display the houres, I have changed the display so that at times > 99h instead of the hours ">>" is displayed. This is certainly not optimal, but without major change not otherwise possible.

Version 0.93 / 2 means beta status for me and not finished yet.

I have attached the software and a detailed description of the new features. A revised manual will be available shortly.

I would be glad if many load the software to their PT and give us a feedback.
Suggestions are also welcome!!

Greetings Hans
Attached Files

.pdf   Pro Timer free Version 0_93_2 Details.pdf (Size: 602.97 KB / Downloads: 25)
.zip   LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free_093_2.zip (Size: 15.98 KB / Downloads: 7)

...also check out: