• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stimulating the ergonomics of LRT

#1 h.bogo
When using LRT, I have always noticed that the progress indicators for the activities of the software are shown in different places. At the beginning of the work at the top next to the writing "LRTimelapse..." Then when calculating the Auto Transition and Visual Deflicker in the small preview window area (lines in the window and below the window). Then when rendering the video, the progress is shown in the leftmost program window at the bottom.

For my personal feeling regarding the ergonomics of the software, it would be better to show a progress indicator at ONE ! defined place of the program interface and that for all relevant activities.

This is only a suggestion and should be commented by other users of LRT to exclude that only I have this problem.

Many greetings
Hartmut

LRT on MAC ARM, Version 6 Beta 8 Build 764

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

-----------------------------

Anregung zur Ergonomie von LRT

Bei der Bedienung von LRT ist mir schon immer aufgefallen, dass die Fortschrittsanzeigen für die Aktivitäten der Software an unterschiedlichen Stellen gezeigt werden. Zu Beginn der Arbeit oben neben dem Schriftzug "LRTimelapse..." Dann beim Berechnen des Auto-Übergangs und des Visuellen Deflickers im Bereich des kleinen Vorschaufensters (Linien im Fenster und unter dem Fenster). Beim Rendern des Videos wird der Fortschritt dann im linken Programmfenster ganz unten gezeigt.

Für mein persönliches Empfinden in Bezug auf die Ergonomie der Software wäre es besser, eine Fortschrittsanzeige an EINER ! definierten Stelle der Programmoberfläche zu zeigen und das für alle relevanten Aktivitäten.

Dies soll nur eine Anregung sein und sollte von anderen Nutzern von LRT kommentiert werden um auszuschließen, dass nur ich dieses Problem habe.

Viele Grüße
Hartmut
#2 Gunther
Hi Hartmut, thanks for your suggestions.
The reason for the different position is, that there are different classes of progresses:

1) Above the toolbar: Workflow tasks that you need to wait for before doing the next step in the workflow and always refer to the sequence currently loaded.

2) Below the folder tree: Batch tasks, that run entirely in background and can be independent from the sequence currently loaded. Like render tasks or batch tasks spawned via right mouse button for different sequences. Since version 6 they also "stack" that means you can have multiple of those tasks and even abort tasks that are not running.

3) Preview loading and generation will only be shown in the Preview (there could be a progress indicator under 1) but, I thought it's not necessary.

You see, there is a logic in this and I'd rather not put everything in one place because that would break the logic and lead to confusion.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 h.bogo
ok Gunther, thanks for the explanations.
That makes the functionality more understandable for me.
:-)

...also check out: