• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

LRTimelapse without Lightroom?

#1 manuschwendener.ch
Hi

Newbie here. I tried to find the answer in the forum and via google.

I just used the free trial version, that worked quite well (youtu.be/Z0fGtzN4Wfg).

Before I consider buying a private licence, I have the following questions:

- My photos were jpg only, I don't have Lightroom.
- So I used 'Render directly'

-> 'Sharpen' was not available, although it neither has * nor ** for "licence needed". Is this because my input is jpg and not raw?

-> Are all the features in the other tabs (apart from 'render directly') only available in combination with Lightroom?

Thank you
#2 Gunther
Sharpen needs a license also. Will add the *) for next version.
LRTimelapse is meant to be used with lightroom for the workflows, editing, keyframing, deflicker holy grail etc.
Currently you are only using the imagesequence to video feature (direct render) and thus missing most of the power.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 manuschwendener.ch
Thank you for your quick reply :-)
#4 Pipobike
Thanks for help. - Meanwhile, there is LRTimelapse Pro 5.2.2 on my computer, but I assume, this has yet not be changed, did it? Meaning: To use LRTimelapse, Lightroom is also needed, isn't it?

Thanks for reply in advance,
Roland

PS:

Big wish: Adobe free workflow. The only alternative I do yet know is CaptureOne. But I must confess, I am not well informed about any other developing engines, except Iridient . And Serif (Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher) does yet unfortunately have no tool in competition to Lr and C1 (meaning a developer engine only, currently, it is integrated in Affinity Photo and Designer)

Gunther, for your convenience, the reason I am working with C1 is simple, I am mostly Fuji shooter and by now (2019-08-02), Adobe can still not handle X-Sensor raw files correctly. Besides, C1 has the way better developing engine, specially on colours in shadows and the colour handling generally.
#5 Gunther
LRTimelapse needs a Raw Converter. Lightroom is the most wide spread and one of the best and it offers the required interfaces that external programs like LRTimelapse need to use. I've looked at all other solutions on the market, most of them doesn't offer standardized interfaces or have other issues. Don't expect LRTimelapse to be supporting another Raw Converter in the near future.
#6 M.Sids
Hi Gunther,

What an amazing program you have created. I am evaluating the trial right now but to be honest I think I will hold out on purchasing with the hope that LRTimelapse will eventually support a non-subscription based image editor. For the hobbyist photographer it seems outlandish to pay $120/yr for Lightroom when most of the power comes from your software.

Is there any chance it could be made to work with another program like Darktable? It looks like edits made in LRT to the XMP files are not seen by Darktable. Is another method that you know of to make LRT work with Darktable? I am willing to accept a more manual workflow to avoid paying the Adobe subscription.

Thanks,
-Mike
#7 TonyC
M.Sids. Gunther pretty much shut down my thread for asking the same workaround question using darktable and Gimp. He has no interest in testing other apps that may in fact be compatible with LRTimelapse. I absolutely will not pay for a subscription and never own the app. Adobe may dominate the market with their overpriced apps but there are lower cost and some free apps that deserve the non-pro attention.
#8 Gunther
FYI: I've tested all other available Raw converters. None provide the required interfaces. So no, there will be no LRTimelapse version with another raw converter in the near future. LRTimelapse 6 offers an internal workflow, that can be used without an Adobe Subscription with some limits, but if you want the full feature set, you'd need Lightroom Classic (or an older version).

For completion, here is the link to my answer in the other thread that I gave you and where I explained, that your claims don't necessarily reflect the reality: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ado...8#pid51208

I beg you one more time to accept my position, otherwise I would need to ask you to please find another solution and forum for your needs since I don't accept any trolling in this forum.

...also check out: