• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

LRTimelapse won't start on mac

#11 coxon
Thanks reply - my info.plist has none of this is content in it? which directory should this file be in? as mine looks like a sample file - this is the only info.list file I can find on my system.
#12 Gunther
it's all explained [/code]in the first post.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 coxon
Hi thanks for your reply - the info.plist I have on my system has none of this contents, where should the file be? the file I have looks like it could be a sample?
#14 coxon
(2012-08-22, 13:33)coxon Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 00:40)gwegner Wrote: If you open the info.plist in the text editor there should be a setting saying -Xmx2048m. Just increase the number to how much RAM you think you will be able to provide in maximum. For example -Xmx4096m
You could increase the -Xms as well a bit.
Don't change the rest of the file. This is the relevant part:
Code:
<key>Java</key>
    <dict>
        <key>WorkingDirectory</key>
        <string>$APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Resources/Java</string>
        <key>VMOptions</key>
        <string>-client -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m</string>
Change this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        <key>MainClass</key>
        <string>lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp</string>
        <key>JVMVersion</key>
        <string>1.5+</string>
        <key>ClassPath</key>
        <string>$JAVAROOT:$JAVAROOT/LRTimelapse.jar</string>
#15 coxon
I new I was rather slow - I have found the correct file and all is OK now - thanks
#16 Babd3nd3r
HI i changed the code to any parameter but it just doesn't open this program...

It just coming up in the dock and i think crashes immediately..

No Message nothing ..

System Version Mac OS X 10.5.8

16 GB Ram

BTW Where are the download links for the 1.9 Version of LRTimelapse ? Maybe they work ?
#17 Gunther
You need in minimum Java 6 (1.6)!

You can narrow down such problems by looking at the Mac Console (Tools). Clear the contents, than filter for LRTimelapse and try to launch it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#18 DLee
Gunther,

I am trying to save the XMX parameter to a lower value but it doesn't save.

I'm in Plist, under the Java drop down menu. Every time I change the setting a dialog box opens and asks me if I want to save changes. I click on 'SAVE' and it all remains the same. I was able to do this for LRT 2 but I can't remember how I saved those changes.

When asked where to save the changes I navigate to LRT3 and am then asked if I want to replace the existing folder. I say YES, save changes, but it all stays the same.

Very frustrating.

Your knowledge of this stuff is very great being a developer - but you have to remember that you are speaking to at least one developing moron here. I need step by step process. For example: the XMX you keep referring to is in indeed in the plist, but unless you open the Java drop down menu you will never see it. I'm sure the lack of mentioning this had many people pulling there hair out until they started trying every option possible. I know half my hair is gone.

Anyway, please help me save this change in a step by step manner. I'm on a MBP, OS 10.6.8, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Telling me to SAVE changes isn't doing the job. I've purchased a PRO license and I need to get this running.

Thanks,

Dennis
#19 DLee
OK, I figured it out.

Omni Installer is the default application that will open plist. Unfortunately you cannot save the changes easily with Omni Installer.

Instead of using Omni Installer, ctrl click on the plist and 'OPEN' with 'other' application. Scroll down through Applications and open the plist with Text Edit. Here you can make the change and when closing the box you are asked to 'SAVE?' and just hit SAVE and you are done.

Hopefully that'll save some Mac user out there some headache.

d
#20 vanfilm
Gunther,

I am atempting to change the the RAM allocation as per your first post but am slightly confused by some followup posts.

I have 16Gigs currently, with my info.plist looking like this

<string>-client -Xms512m -Xmx2048m</string>

I know which value I need to change, but do I want to increase 2048 or decrease?

...also check out: