• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTL2B3 - Not synchronising orientation

#1 greg_priestley
Hi

It appears that LRTL2 (multiple beta versions), is not synchronising the tiff:Orientation field.

This limits the angle of crop adjustments that you can apply in Lightroom to just +45 to -45 degrees.

Why is this important? I've got a timelapse taken with a circular fisheye. I wanted to add a faux panning effect to it so it rotates the centre circular image to give a bit of movement across 180 degrees.

So I set this up with 4 key frames (start, two adjacent in the middle, end). The settings were:
KF1: no orientation rotation in LR, -45 degrees crop
KF2: no orientation rotation in LR, 45 degrees crop
KF3: 90 degree orientation rotation in LR, -45 degrees crop
KF4: 90 degree orientation rotation in LR, 45 degrees crop

Using the linear transition, LRTL seemed to do a good job with adjusting the degrees of the crop between the keyframes, but it ignored applying the orientation rotation to the frames between KF3 and KF4.

In the end I had to re-adjust the orientation of the second set of images manually within LR, but would much prefer that LRTL syncronised this field as well.

The final result showing the final effect after fiddling is here https://vimeo.com/48294321

(The original version without any faux panning is https://vimeo.com/47392990)

Syncronising the tiff:orientation field would resolve this bug.

Ideally what I'd love to see is that LRTL understood both orientation and crop rotation and could determine the difference of both of the fields between keyframes and adjust both fields as appropriate through the transition (i.e adjusting the crop angle between -45 and 45 degrees, and then when it needed more change, automatically apply a rotation and then adjust beween -45 and 45 degrees again - in my example above eliminating the need to KF2, KF3). Of course the one issue with this is that you would need to find out whether you wanted to transition clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Thanks
Greg
#2 Gunther
Hi,
thank you for your suggestion. You are right currently this is only possible with the workaround you found. I'm moving this thread to the feature requests.

BTW: Impressive video!
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: