• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video rendering stops after a few frames and hangs. Results in a very short video

#1 jorn-t
Hi!

I've run into a strange error the last few weeks.

When exporting to 4k h.264 video (using 16-bit intermediate TIFF files), video encoding in LRTimelapse stops after a few frames, typically 3 frames, sometimes 10 frames, sometimes more. LRTimelapse encoding then stops and hangs for a few minutes, before continuing to render the next sequence. Have a look at the screenshot with video files in Windows Explorer, all the 12 sequences rendered last evening were unsuccessful (file sizes should be in the range 100-500 MB, but are 5-15 MB)

Export from Lightroom seem to be perfect, all TIFF files are in place, file numbering is OK, so there should be no reason for the encoder to stop.

As the image sequence seem to be OK, I try to activate the render task manually, but it stops again on the same point.
With a reference to my post in a different thread: Image sizes in the sequences are different.

I also received an error message today, but earlier I've just ended up with small video files about 2-10 frames long, but no error message.

Log file available if needed.

Regards,
- Jørn :-)
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 jorn-t
Trying to reproduce the error, it can seem like the video rendering fails because of the variations in file dimensions.

Re-exporting the first sequence from Lightroom ("001_Coal Mine", and only this sequence, not multiple sequences at the same time), produced results with *almost* equal image sizes. But varying with 1-3 pixels in width (!). Resulting files were from 5181 x 2916 to 5184 x 2916 in size. This time, video rendering continued almost to frame 100, but video jumps and seem to skip 10-15 frames on a couple of occasions, so that the final video contains about 50-60 frames out of the first 100. Sequence is originally 272 frames long.

I would say, this error has something to do with image dimensions, and maybe something to do with rounding of the exact pixel sizes?

A different example using a short sequence (77 frames), named "001 Goosenecks West 1"

Multiple sequence export:
- Produces TIFF files starting on 4574x2573 pixels (LRT_00001) , ending on 5139 x 2891 pixels (LRT00077).
- Produces a video 7484k in size, containing about 3 frames, but those are not frame 1, 2 and 3, but maybe frame 1, 10 and 20 or something!

Single sequence export:
- Produces TIFF files where all are 4574 x 2573 pixels in size
- Produces a video that seem to be 100% ok (roughly 3 seconds, about 100 MB)
#3 jorn-t
Another clue to find the source of this bug, is a different "bug" I've been struggling with.

When editing in Lightroom, I choose 16:9 aspect ratio (locked). Saving, and then reloading in LRTimelapse. Doing transitions and deflicker in LRTimelapse. After saving this, and watching visual previews, I often reload keyframes in Lightroom for further tuning. Every time I reload in Lightroom, aspect ratio has been unlocked by LRTimelapse. Then, I might forget to re-lock the aspect ratio to 16:9 again in Lightroom - which could cause images having different aspect ratios?
#4 Gunther
The first question is a duplicate of this one, that I already answered to: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mul...7#pid36777
Please don't crosspost the same question in different threads!!

The second is a Lightroom thing. LRTimelapse cannot change the Lock or not Lock of the AR in Lightroom. This is a Lightroom annoyance. You can force the lock to staying by choosing the crop tool, then setting the lock - now don't change anything to the crop, just hit "C" again to disable the crop tool again. Switch to the next image, hit "C" again for crop and by default the Lock should be locked now.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Combining Video Clips
Steve Jones
2022-03-15, 18:38
Last Post: artymoriera

...also check out: