• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Background Processing for Adobe DNG Converter Batch Processes

Brick
#1 asaliga
When performing batch actions in LRT5, it would be great if the Adobe DNG Converter could be set to run in the background. To be more specific, the app can be visible in the Dock, but it would be ideal for it to not take the foreground focus.

The way it's currently running, each instance of the DNG Converter is launched and moves to the foreground, preventing any other application windows from being used.

I wouldn't want to do much while a batch process is occurring, but it would be nice to at least respond to emails.
#2 Gunther
This shouldn't be the case. Can you please confirm, that this is happening with the latest version 5.4 from https://lrtimelapse.com/download/ ?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 asaliga
Version 5.4.0 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

To clarify, this was occurring while performing processing within the app, not upon the final export of the image sequence.
#4 Gunther
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. Could you please explain exactly what you are doing and when this happens?
Also make sure to have installed the latest Adobe DNG Converter (link on https://lrtimelapse.com/install/ )
#5 366256
Hi,

I can confirm this issue. I'm experiencing the same problem when the visual previews will be generated. Or to put in in other words: Whenever LRTimelapse calls Adobe DNG Converter, the converter acquires focus.

LRTimelape Version: 5.4 (2020-03-10) Build: 618
MacOS Catalina: Version 10.15.4
Adobe DNG Converter: Version 12.2.0.386

This may also be likely a bug from the DNG converter?

Sincerley

Pierre
#6 Gunther
You are using LRTimelapse Build 618. That's why I wrote to install the latest download from the download page, which for mac is build 619, where this was already fixed 2 days after the initial release months ago.
#7 366256
Thanks for your quick reply! Sorry for any inconvenience.

However, your previous post did not clarify, that this issue has been resolved. Therefore I posted my experience.

Maybe you could introduce minor version numbers for hot fixes? This would resolve any misunderstandings and reduce unnecessary support requests.

I'm using brew to update your application and the current implementation of the cask does not support build numbers nor proper global dependencies of ffmpeg or exiftool. See: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mac...se-package I would be more than happy to support in that regard.

Sincerely

Pierre
#8 Gunther
Normally, any changes will have a new version number. This was an exception because it was notified only hours after the release, that's why I created a new build with a new build number only.

Th next update (5.5) will install ffmpeg and exiftool into proprietary folders not interferring with the defaults in /usr/local/bin on mac.
Batch Options
kwhi02
2019-11-06, 16:09
Last Post: kwhi02

...also check out: