• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mac: Cannot find installed LRTimelapse in Applications

#1 snowpeak
Running MAC OS X 10.9.5 I paid for and downloaded LRT4 crossgrade private to pro and followed the installation instructions. (The e-book downloaded fine.) As instructed, I deleted all previous versions of LRT and emptied the trash before installing. So the installer says it was installed but I can't find it. I would expect to find it in the Applications folder, but it's not there. If I look for it with Spotlight, it doesn't find it either. So where is it? What did I do wrong?

John Fowler
#2 Gunther
Spotlight doesn't find it either? That's strange. Could you try and restart the computer then try installing again?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 snowpeak
I restarted the computer and tried installation again. As before, the installer says it finished and everything was fine, but still Spotlight doesn't find it. All it finds is some links to old LRTimelapse versions that don't exist anymore.
#4 snowpeak
OK, I found it! It is under the name LRTimelapse 2.3 for some strange reason. But it seems to be working.
#5 Gunther
You should have removed 2.3 before as well ;-) Mac just does things sometimes, honestly, I don't know why.....
#6 snowpeak
Thanks! 2.3 was in a strange place (Downloads and not Applications) and that's why I missed it. But now everything's OK.
#7 Gunther
On Mac, if there is one similar application (I assume with same signature) anywhere, that stupid system will not install the new one to the chosen place but will overwrite the old one somewhere on the harddrive. This already caused me lots of trouble too. That's what I hate on Mac - that it does totally non-transparent things, patronizing the user. But I'm glad, you sorted it out!
#8 jimcamel
(2015-05-06, 09:31)gwegner Wrote: On Mac, if there is one similar application (I assume with same signature) anywhere, that stupid system will not install the new one to the chosen place but will overwrite the old one somewhere on the harddrive. This already caused me lots of trouble too. That's what I hate on Mac - that it does totally non-transparent things, patronizing the user. But I'm glad, you sorted it out!

Soooooo.....Gunther, writing this on August 4th.  I downloaded LRT 4.2 this afternoon expecting to run it as a TRIAL alongside my LR3 - since I wasn't sure I was ready to spring for it yet - and it appears to have overwritten LR3 3.4.1.  So, now I am NOT LICENSED.

Can you tell me what the implication of this is - and whether this just basically forces me to purchase LRT 4.2 now to keep going.

I am running on Mac, Yosemite - latest version.  MacPro (late 2013).

I do have my LRT 3.4.1 dmg file so I could re-install but not sure of the implications of that, either.

What are the limitations of the trial version (other than the fact I have now lost all my PRO capabilities).

jc
#9 Gunther
No worries, you can just uninstall the new version, install the old one again and register it with your license key. Send me an email, if you want me to resend your license key.
#10 retooo
Hi Gunther

Habe dasselbe Problem. Nach der erfolgreichen Installation kann ich das Programm nirgends finden um es zu öffnen.
Neuinstallation/Neustart brachten keinen Erfolg, ebenso finde ich keine alten Versionen auf meinem MacBook Pro.

Was kann das Problem sein?

MacBook Pro (late 2011) OS X El Capitan

...also check out: