• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mac: Provide more Memory to LRTimelapse!

#21 Vladis
Hello, Gunther and all the LRTimelapse users!
I am new to LRTimelapse and today I tried editing some sequences of jpgs just to get acquainted with the app... And I love it! However, when I first logged in to the forum I noticed this thread about the amount of RAM reserved for LRTimelapse. I have an iMac with 40 gigs of RAM and wanted to reserve more thank 6144m declared in the plist file. I started quite boldly setting 20480m but, unfortunately, with this setting LRTimelapse did not see what is in my folders (greyed out names of folders). Then I lowered the amount gradually and found out that the app won't work with anything more than the originally declared Xmx6144m. Your thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Wlady

P.S. I installed Catalina from scratch a few days ago so the system is clear and fresh.
#22 Gunther
I've tried this on my own Catalina system. Yes, if you just change the .plist file, you'll get locked out by the security mechanisms of catalina.
Catalina detects any modification to the App bundle, and blocks it even if it's already configured for "Full Disk Access". You need to remove it and add it once again to the full disk access list.

To make it working again, close LRTimelapse. After altering the .plist, go to the Security Settings of Catalina, there go to "Full Disk Access". Remove LRTimelapse if it's already in there, then add it once again to the programs with full disk access. Now you can launch it and should be able to access all folders.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#23 cringeguy
Thanks. This one seems to work.
#24 Vladis
Thanks a lot!
Yes, giving full access to the disk for LRTimelapse and DNG Converter did the job! I assigned 20 GB of RAM to the LRT and everything seems to be OK!
Smile

...also check out: