• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mac: Provide more Memory to LRTimelapse!

#11 slabkoff
Thank you - I went back in and did a sync of all crop sizes (I could not spot 1 in 8000 frames w/ a bad crop size) - and that did it. It rendered well.

Did one that lasted 6 months of my garden growing and dying... neat stuff. But lots of challenges w/r/t light changes and such. And 8000 frames were with "night" cut out...

Thanks - I love your product.
#12 coaten
May I add to this discussion an appropriate fallback measure, which is to duplicate the info.plist file before doing any editing to it and move the duplicate to another location, such as the desktop, or your Apps folder, or wherever, really, as long as you can find it again easily.

This way, in the event you inadvertently edit values that cause instability or application crashing or even a launch failure, you can replace the damaged info.plist file with its original, which should return you back to normality.

Just be sure to rename your duplicate file, which will be named "Info copy.plist", back to "Info.plist" before replacing the damaged plist file.

I hope that makes sense to you. Having a recovery plan can save a lot of stress.  Smile
#13 Gunther
Thanks for the advice. Another option would be to just reinstall LRTimelapse, this will reset everything to default too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 t-walton
Hi Gunter. While processing, received the increase memory warning. Now trying to increase memory according to instructions in first post. When I begin typing the new memory amount into info.plist, a message appears telling me I don't own the file and an option for making a duplicate copy appears. Then what?

Thanks! Ted

Update: after doing Get Info on the plist, I unlocked and added myself to the permissions list which then allowed me to add higher memory to the plist.
#15 Sinsear
Is there a way to preserve these settings across updates? For example, upgrading from 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 reset the value back to -Xmx4096m.
#16 cringeguy
Trying to increase the memory above 6144 but whenever I do this, I couldn't find my previous timelapse sequences. It looks like it's maxed at 6144? Whenever I return to 6144, I could see my timelapses again.
#17 Gunther
No, there is no max (apart from the amount of memory that your computer has built in). What exactly do you mean with "you cannot find your previeous timelapse sequences"? Can you provide a screenshot and the log after that happens? (Log file in Documents/LRTimelapse/LRTimelapse.log).
#18 cringeguy
This is before I change my memory (6144) https://imgur.com/a/HNJchDk
My parent folder is stored at Downloads > TIMELAPSE

Here's after I change it to, say, 12288. https://imgur.com/a/WgoBh3t
When I click that parent folder (Downloads), nothing happens; it doesn't expand. I can't see my TimeLapse folders in LRT but they are there in Finder.

When I return to 6144, all my timelapse folders/sequences are seen again.

Which part of the log you want me to post; the last part?
#19 Gunther
Since the security concept changed in Catalina, I could imagine, that after you changed the info.plist file, MacOS condsiders the App bundle as "manipulated" and blocks access to folders like "Downloads".
To allow access again, you can grant LRTimelapse Full Disk access, then it should work, see this faq at the bottom to learn how to do that: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wil...-and-later

And one more personal thought: putting your timelapse work into "Downloads" is not the best idea anyway imho...
#20 cringeguy
Hi. Thanks.

I just did Full Disk Access but still the same. I can't find all my TL files when I increase the memory but returns to normal when I change back to 6144 (https://imgur.com/a/wMIeDwA)

My "Downloads" Folder is the only folder that don't autosync with my cloud. Sad

...also check out: