• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mainland New Zealand

#1 spatience
[Video: https://vimeo.com/130842684]
Hey everyone.

New Zealand is fast becoming a popular place to shoot time lapse, particularly the awesome landscapes of the South Island.  I can assure you that my latest work, 'Mainland New Zealand' has some great scenes that might tempt you out here some day.  

'Mainland New Zealand' is a compilation of some stunning landscape scenes showcasing the South Island's natural and unspoiled beauty. In this short movie, you will see the pristine aqua-coloured waters and the moody skies of Fiordland, stormy clouds near Mount Cook, and some oddly shaped granite boulders in the Te Anau Basin. 

Regards
Stephen
#2 richparry
Excellent work.

At the 50 second point, I see you lit the foreground, probably with video LED lights, but would like to know for sure and if available the exact name and model of the LED lighting. You might have just turned on the lights of your car, but I would like to know the specifics.

Thanks,
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 spatience
(2015-08-19, 10:27)richparry Wrote: Excellent work.

At the 50 second point, I see you lit the foreground, probably with video LED lights, but would like to know for sure and if available the exact name and model of the LED lighting. You might have just turned on the lights of your car, but I would like to know the specifics.

Thanks,

Thanks for appreciating my work.

The scene was indeed lit using two LED units powered by rechargeable batteries.  The ones I have don't have a brand but you can get many designs and types on eBay or a camera store.  They're small.  The light output is adjustable but remember to keep the light at the minimum for a long exposure.

Cheers

...also check out: